Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Apr 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

washing powder

Hey girls,

Thinking of changing my washing powder & fabric softener. I use persil at the mo, & find its good, but thinking of changing to a gel. Also I am using comfort pure fabric softener but have found it's going very lumpy & not going into washing machine, well some of it is not all of it. I know it's not my machine as I've just cleaned & descaled it.

So any recommendations? I can't use ariel as it's too harsh on my skin & I come out in a rash but apart from that I'm open to suggestions.

Jayne xx

Replies

• Options
    I use Persil now as it seems to be the only thing that Lucas doesn't react to on his nappies, but I really liked the Fairy gel...it got everything nice and clean at just 30 degrees. Smells nice too! Quite annoying being restricted to Persil now!
  • Options
    I use surf small and mighty liquid and Asda's own sensitive fabric softner. I find they are the only things that don't cause my eczema to flair up. Though I can use the comfort pure too, but like you I find it clogs up and doesn't always get washed down.
  • Options
    For me, I use surf small and mighty. The ONLY washing powder that doesn't cause a rash. For LO I use fairy non bio.
  • Options
    I use Fairy non bio for Oliver's stuff and Surf powder for us. I just use Tesco fabric conditioner, which doesn't go clumpy.

H x
  • Options
    I use Fairy non-bio for all our suff, always have. I never use fabric softner as I think they all smell far too strongly xx