Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Apr 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

At a loss!!

Hi Ladies

Could do with a little help. When my son feeds (FF) he stops a short time after starting and screams and holds his body rigid. It takes us so long to calm him down that I don't think he is getting enough food. We use infacol and have done for about 3 weeks. I was wondering whether gripe water would help and if so how do you administer it?

Opinions please as I am at a loss!!

Replies

• Options
    Hiya hun,

We use gripe water occasionaly, and we administer it to harvey via a nurofen syringe. It advises that you can give 5ml, but we never give him more than 2.5ml, as just a little seems to help a lot.
    I am not sure about wether or not hes getting enough food, but if hes gaining he should be ok, but wind does tend to make them think they're full. I have found that since using the gripe water Harvey brings his windup so much easier even when we haven't used it that day.

xx Lola and Harvey (8 weeks)
  • Options
    Grace is just like this when bottle feeding. We try to give her one bottle of ebm on an evening but its always so stressful as she gets so upset. Someone suggested that the flow of the teat might be too slow meaning she takes in too much air along with the milk so I'm going to buy some faster flowing teats this weekend to see if that helps.