Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Apr 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Weekly Weigh In?

I know this was mentioned a while ago, but is anyone trying to shift the baby weight up for a weekly weigh in to keep us on the straight and narrow? I'm feeling quite motivated as I've managed to drop 1.5lb for each of the last 2 weeks, but sure that'll wane...

So, I'm taking my starting weight (taken when I finally psyched myself up to get on the scales!) as 10st 5.5lbs. As at this morning I was 10st 2.5lbs and my goal is my pre pregnancy weight of 9st.

Going to try and weigh myself every Saturday.

Replies

• Options
    Yep! Count me in! God, I pray I can get to your weight! I am currently 17st 13!!!! Was 16st 9 before I got pregnant, and the morning before I went into labour I was 21st 2! Lordy! So back on track now and determined to get down to about 10st before we ttc again, so got a long way to go!

I start at Slimming World on Monday so that's my weigh in day.

Salads here we come!!

Hxx
  • Options
    Yep, I'm giving myself until Thursday(6weeks) to really get down to it so I'm happy to weigh in any day, might aswell start thursday, I put on around 4stone (didn't weigh in the last couple weeks so don't know exactly), I've currently lost nearly 2stone of that so another 2 to get to my pre pregnancy weight of 10st2lb x
  • Options
    i was 8 stone 4 at booking in and 11 stone 4 at 40 weeks image at my 6 week check was 9 stone 6. i dont have scales at hom so will have to wait until my next dr appointment to get weighed again. we are at the drs on thurs.
  • Options
    I was gonna do this earlier today but totally forgot. I was inspired by the fact i've lost 2lbs in just over a week.
    I was 16st 2 at booking. God only knows what I was at 40 weeks, I was 18st 10 a couple of weeks after giving birth and i'm now 17st 8. I'm having 2 salads a day and porridge for breakfast.
    So count me in image
  • Options
    Me too!! Am also joining slimming world on monday so that will be my weigh in day however I did weigh myself this morning so this can be my start weight!

I was 11st 8 when I got pg and 14st 12 (!!!) at 9 months. Weighed myself this morning at 12st 7 however my target is 10st 5 which was the weight I was before I got pg with DD1. Didn't ever get below 11st in between pgs but am determined to do better this time!!!

Only 30lbs to go. Gulp!
  • Options
    Don't worry feebs i've got another 5st or so to lose before I reach anywhere near my ideal weight
    Should also point out that I realise I didn't make it to 40 weeks pg as stated in my previous post doh!
  • Options
    Well I joined slimming world today and on their official scales I was 12st 9lbs so I'd better take that as my starting point - which now means 32lbs to go instead of 30! Oh well image
  • Options
    The 2lbs is your clothes though feebs xx
  • Options
    Balls!!!! Here's baby brain for you...I forgot to go! Had it in my head it was Wednesday today (watched something on TV that is on on Wednesdays) so totally forgot till I saw this thread again! I'm away next week, so that's another 2 weeks!

Balls!

Hxx
  • Options
    The 2lbs is your clothes though feebs xx

Yep I'm going with that!

Is anyone else as hungry as I am?? I am so missing my morning and afternoon biccie/chocolate bar!!
  • Options
    Well, weighed myself yesterday morning - and I've put on a lb :\( Am now 10st 3.5lb

A bit too much of a lady who lunches last week, and too much cake! On the plus side I've been given the ok to exercise at my six week check and went out for my first run on Thursday. It was hard going, but I've just entered a half marathon for September so I'll need to get out there regularly from now on!
  • Options
    I'm seriously worried about my weigh in tomorrow. I was good as gold til Thursday despite being starving and missing bread and chocolate (which are pretty much not an option with Slimming World). But I ended up chomping through half a large popcorn at the cinema on Fri (we'd intended to get a small to share but the large was on offer!!!) and then eating enough mini cheddars to feed a small army whilst watching the footie last night - not to mention 3 glasses of wine, a massive burger and a sausage sarnie off the barbeque.

Oooops!
  • Options
    I weighed in on Thursday morning as planned...have been a tad more mindful about what I'm eating but not by any means been good so far.
    Starting weight 12st4....30lbs to lose

Edited to make myself feel better...didn't weigh in my last few weeks of pregnancy but have lost at least 24lbs so far xx

[Modified by: kayssis on June 14, 2010 11:39 AM]

• Options
    I weighed on Friday morning to start the whole thing off. Pre-pregnancy weight was 10lb 1oz, I put on 3 stone whilst pregnant - 13lb 2oz.

Friday weight was 11lb 5oz so I've lost 25lbs and I have 18lbs left to go.

`Not on a slimming plan, just going to see how it goes and be a bit less exuberant with the cake. I'm trying to walk more but I keep on pulling muscles and tiring ligaments at the slightest thing these days - is anyone else still having these? I wish the flippin stretchy hormones would get out of my system so I can do some exercise without risking serious injury!!

xx
  • Options
    Well despite my naughty food and wine at the weekend I lost 5lbs at my weigh in yesterday! So now 12st 4lbs with 27lbs to lose. just hope it doesn't catch up with me this week especially as I've been out for lunch and dinner today image
  • Options
    Well it's been nearly 2 weeks since I weighed myself and I've lost another 2lbs image so am now 17st 6lbs.
    I'm aiming at losing a lb a week so, so far so good.
  • Options
    Well I've managed to misbehave all week but weighed yesterday and down 2lbs so 28lbs to go. I think my af might be making an appearance v soon as have been seriously binging on the chocolate, so gonna wait til next Thursday and get back to it properly... Need to stop buying big bars
  • Options
    Well after a lovely holiday with Lucas sleeping, napping and playing like a dream, eating naughty food cos that's what you're meant to do on holiday, Lucas has been a nightmare the last 3 days and screams the second I'm not holding him. So my diet consists of ready meals, packet noodles and toast. Funnily enough I've put on 5 lbs!!!!!!! Balls!!!

Well done to all who lost, Fat Fighting commences on Monday!!!
  • Options
    Lost the 1lb I put on last week, so back to 10st 2.5lb today. I have less lunches out this week so should make life a bit easier!

There are some great losses out there this week, keep it up!
  • Options
    I've had a bad week so not looking forward to Monday. Really hoping that Grace's hungriness will compensate for my troughing!!