Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Apr 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

What have you got that your baby sits in?

Just wondering. We have two seats (one vibrates and the other rocks a little but she HATES the one that rocks!). I just feel like I am always putting Matilda in her seat when I need to do something and thinking I should vary it a bit to stimulate her! Anyone have some sort of swing seat or alternative that they can recommend?

Thanks!

K x

Replies

• Options
    We have a swing from babies r us cant remember what its called but it has a big zebra cushioned insert. It runs off batteies and plays classical music. Matthew absolutely loves it. he sits in listening and swinging and looking around. Eventually he always falls asleep, and stays asleep even when it stops rocking with no music.

We also bought a bouncer hcair yesterday - Fisher Price , Precious Planet, it has lights and a snow storm thing and vibrates. He loves this too and again has fallen asleep in it!!
  • Options
    Does it have to be sit in?? We have a vibrating winnie-the-pooh chair, but Benjamin much prefers lying on his playmat thing (baby einsteins ocean one), or his favourite place is lying at the back door looking out - I just pop him on a blanket and he will lie there for 30 minutes or so, often falling asleep. Or I will pop him in his basket in the bathroom where it is really light too. Or put him in his sling and do whatever I have to with him attached! x
  • Options
    We have a bouncy vibrating chair that Lucas doesn't really like that much, but also a Blossom Farm sit me up cosy that is a nest for newborns to lie in and can be used as they get older to aid sitting and he seems to really like it, although he only really likes anything in small doses a the moment so will only stay in it for about 20 mins, and only if he's in a good mood!
  • Options
    We have a bouncer, a swing with fishes on it and i've just bought a bloom highchair that can be used from birth as it goes flat. It looks like a pod - dead cool. I spend my day moving her from one to the other ... putting her on the playmat or singing with her. But I still feel like it's not enough.
  • Options
    Thanks guys. Tri, I have one of those Bloom chairs too but, again, she'll only go a few mins at a time so I worry she needs something with more stimulation (other than watching me load the dishwasher but, unfortunately, it's not going to do itself!) x
  • Options
    My friend has lent me a few things, including a bouncy chair (which she will sleep in given the right timing) and a baby gym. She also gave me one of those Fisher Price swinging chairs. Tried it for the first time yesterday evening, she went out like a light. Seems to have worked it's magic again this evening, I have had a hot dinner two nights running :\)
  • Options
    Oh Lizzie - you may have just convinced me that my life is missing a swinging chair! My nan gave Matilda some money as a pressie when she was born - I'm thinking that it might be time to purchase one of those! x
  • Options
    Every time I say something works I seem to jinx it though!
  • Options
    I used the money Matilda has been given to buy a swing today! Can't wait for delivery and to see if she likes it - my heart will sink like a stone if she doesn't! x
  • Options
    Reading this the other day reminded me about our cheap as chips bouncy chair that we had in the garage from dd1. It only cost about 12 quid from mothercare but is already a hit with grace. I can now bounce her with my foot whilst gulping down my tea!!!
  • Options
    I'm likin' your style Feebs! image
  • Options
    Hi hun

got the swinging chair yet?

We have a fisher price jungle one and Etienne hated it a few weeks ago, now she actually falls asleep in it ( yahhhoooo), and seems to love it.
    Seems being a few eeks older now has made the swinging far nicer for her.

Hope it works

xx
  • Options
    Hey MG - it's being delivered tomorrow so there is muchos excitement in the house about that!

I am so glad Etienne has found something that soothes her - that's fab! By the way, I came across a site that might interest you. It's called babysleepshop.com and has all manner of gadgets, gizmos and plain old helpful stuff related to getting babies asleep / helping them stay asleep. I know on your other post someone mentioned a hammock - they sell these and I thought of you x
  • Options
    Have fun with the swinging chair. Just don't get carried away like I did and put it on too high a setting to start with. Had Amelia projectile vomiting on the wall. Not good. She does seem to like the swing though - I have it set up in the study so I can put her in it and have 20 mins on the computer.