Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Apr 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

What time does your LO go to bed?

So we start our bedtime routine between 6 and 6.30 and she is usually in bed by 6.30 and 7. My husband is giving me a bit of a complex that I am putting her to bed too early so I thought I'd see what you guys are doing. She still wakes either once or twice in the night for a feed and is up for the day about 7am. I do feel a bit selfish as it means we have our evenings but she always seems ready for it when I put her down. I guess he just makes me feel a bit like I am 'packing her off'! :roll:

Replies

• Options
    Rhea has her bath at around half 5 followed by her cream being rubbed into her. Then has a feed, watches a baby einstin DVD has a chill out time in her rocker has another 4oz & goes to bed around 8. She gets her light & music show which puts her over & that's her asleep till around half 8 in the morning. Ideally I would like her to go down around 7 but she is having none of it so stays up & extra hour & there's very little crying when she goes down. Although it took a lot of trail & error to get her to go down!

Jayne xx
  • Options
    She sounds like she's sleeping pretty well so I would say it's probably right for her. We have a later routine as DH doesn't get home from work till 7pm, so he plays for half an hour, then bath, and DH gives him EBM bottle and we try to get him down. As my current thread shows, he's not normally down until about 9, then wakes at 8.

If she is happy during the day I wouldn't worry. If we tried to move Lucas's bedtime earlier I don't think he'd get enough food to go through the night, as he's now going 4.5 to 5 hours between feeds!

If it ain't broke don't fix it I say, and it does not make you selfish at all, happy Mummy equals happy bubba!
  • Options
    We put Grace down at a similar time and she wakes for a feed usually between 4-5am and then sleeps in our bed til about 8.

I worried it was a bit early - and actually started off aiming for 7.30/8ish so we could put DD1 to bed first but Grace started to get really grizzly from half 6ish and obviously ready for bed so now she goes to bed first and then DD1.

I reckon as long as matilda's not ready to get up til 7ish her bedtime obviously suits her body clock.

And how great is it to have your tea in peace?!!!!

Xxx
  • Options
    Thanks guys. That's my logic Feebs. If she was wide awake at 3am then I'd obviously re-think. She normally goes straight to sleep as well (give or take a few mins of grizzling if she is really tired) otherwise I obviously wouldn't perservere. And I won't lie to you, it is nice to read the paper, eat dinner and watch some TV! ;0)
  • Options
    Up until a couple of nights ago, Oliver was going at about 8.30/9.00 after a bath and bottle. Tbh he was only going this late so Michael could see him for a couple of hours when he got home from work. He then slept until 4am, had a feed and went back until 8am.

After a week or so of him being tired by 7.30 we decided to bath him at 6.30 as soon as MIchael gets in then bed by 7.30 at the latest. He still only wakes the same in the night as he did so it hasn't made any difference in that respect. Like you say, it means we have our evenings back!

I agree with the others, it's not like she wants to get up at 3am. Once she does sleep through too, it means that she'll be getting a good 12 hours solid, which is fab!

H x

• Options
    Same as Hayley for Benjamin - bath at 6.30pm, start attempting to put him down about 6.45pm, asleep by 7.30pm. He self-settled tonight for the first time in yonks. WHOOP! Sounds perfect for Matilda hun. Alex thinks I should be putting Benjamin down earlier - really men, what do they know?! image xx
  • Options
    Gosh! Now I'm worried that we put Kirsten to bed too late! We start bedtime routine about 9pm ish when we go for a walk (she loves being in the fresh air), then back for bathtime at about half nine. She then has a feed and is generally asleep in her cot for about 10.30pm and wakes anytime between 6 and 7am when she has another feed before sleeping for another couple of hours.
  • Options
    Our routine varies a bit depending on whether DH is home.

DS1 (nearly 2 years) has bath first at 6:15/6:30pm & if DH is home DS2 also has bath at same time - once DS2 is a bit bigger they will share a bath. They then have storytime together whilst DS1 drinks his milk & then DS1 goes to bed where he'll chatter away to himself/toys for a while.Once DS1 is in bed, DS2 has his bath (if DH not home) before milk & bed.

They're both normally asleep by 8pm & don't wake up until 7/8am.

Xxx
  • Options
    I guess it really all depends on the baby and the circumstances then, doesn't it? DH doesn't see LO during the week but he's not home from work most nights until 9pm so that's not really an option for us x
  • Options
    Hey girls thiers nothing wrong with that kayecee at all,I put my lil girl to bed at 8.00-8.30 and she normally wakes up about 5.55am has a feed and then sleeps til 8.00am.But luckily the past few days shes slept all the way thru image shes just over 3 months now x
  • Options
    my hubby doesnt get home until 7pm either so he baths dd when he gets home and does the massae, then i feed her. but we actually ont then put her to bed. we still have her downstairs with us in a darkened room for a whyile, then put her to bed when she loks tired. she sometimes naps for an hour, has a feed then falls back to sleep, sometimes she falls asleep and thats it. she does sleep through though. i am very much of the opinion that you go with the flow, and let baby lead. i may regret that in 13 years. or maybe even 2 lol.
  • Options
    as you can tell my laptop is crap and the keys need to be hit in just the right way to register!
  • Options
    Daisy goes down at about 9.30pm each night - not particularly our choice but she won't go down any earlier! I do tend to do her routine quite a bit earlier, but it doesn't seem to work! She usually gets up at about 7am with one feed during the night, although that could be any time from 2-5am!

I would like her to go down a bit earlier so we could have dinner in peace, but I don't think I've got too much to complain about!
  • Options
    christophers bedtime routine starts of anytime between 6-6.30 depending on when feed due and how miserable he his from tiredness, i try and string it to half 6-6.45 though if we can. then its bath time and splash time for as long as he wants, then it's feed time and down to sleep in his cot in our room with his musical mobile, he very rarely fall asleep on the bottle so he normally self settles anywhere between 7-7.30 and thats it for the night then until between 6-7 for morning feed, and if i.m lucky like this morning he goes back down with me on dad's side for another couple of hours, bliss!