Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Apr 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

sleeping trouble?

Hi ladies, Hope yr all coping with the sore boobs, feelin sick n aches n pains Ooh n tiredness, i feel so lazy! Cant wait to start feeling normal again LOL.

In the night im really struggling to sleep, i can only get comfy on my left side and i keep waking with a dull ache (much stronger than in the day) is this normal? This is my pregnancy n i just dont know if this dull ache which wakes me is normal, do u reckon its just stretching?

Thanks in advance for any replies x image

Replies

• Options
    Well it's good that you can get comfy on your left side as anatomically that's better for the baby. I'm struggling really early on this time to get comfy but usually I can sleep ok. Stretching pains are pretty normal so I hope you can get some decent sleep soon! x
  • Options
    Thankyou for yr reply, i think were due the same day (3rd apropiadamente). Ye i keep tellin myself they r stretching pains, im just a bit anxious i think. Ive read that its better to sleep on yr left too so just gotta get hard to it. I usually sleep on my front But theres no chance with these sore boobs! Hope yr pregnancy is goin well! image
  • Options
    I know how you feel. My boobs have been sooo sore. Iam sleeping well but like you waking up feeling yuk. Dull stomach ache and feel really sick till ive eaten something which I have to force feed myself! Ive been feeling so tired too, no energy to do anything. Cant wait for my first scan and hopefully be reasured that everythings ok. As its my first dont know what to expect but didnt realise how hard the first few weeks are.. never worried so much.
  • Options
    I don't have sore boobs at all but I think it's just because I only gave up bf a couple of weeks ago so they don't need to stretch or whatever to 'accommodate' the milk as it's already in place! lol

Sleeping is still really uncomfortable, it wasn't like this first time round. I need to kick dh out into another bed but no such luck this time round he he he. I have bought a long 'body' pillow to rest my leg on but it's too hot to use at the moment. Boy are my dreams weird too still. I wake up every night and my mouth is soooooo dry. Ugh. Hurry up placenta and take over!!
  • Options
    I'm having no trouble dropping off, but I keep waking at 5am needing a wee, then I can't get back to sleep because I feel queasy and hungry (although the thought of food at that time turns my stomach).

I was so tired at work yesterday!
  • Options
    Think im going to look into pillows to help. I know what u mean lizzie, But i even go to bed hungry, i just need to try and eat more in the day, i have to force myself well impresi????n its crisps lol!

My midwife said i get more pains at night as babies ar???? more active Then. At least these r all gd signs that our little beans ar???? getting comfy x image
  • Options
    I keep a packet of cheddars by my bed (the big ones, not the little packets). I find they help if I wake up starving.
  • Options
    Hope you get some restful sleep soon! It can be difficult to get enough sleep during pregnancy, as mums-to-be cope with all the emotional challenges as well as the physical changes happening during pregnancy. Also the thoughts and feelings can get in the way of a good night's sleep. I saw this article yesterday on Direct 2 Mum which was really helpful: sleeping during Pregnancy
  • Options
    ah muppet u make me want mini cheddars now lol

i am sleeping very poorly, i just cant stay asleep!

dry mouth wakes me up, weirdo dreams wake me up, anything wakes me up.
  • Options
    I'm really struggling with the sleep thing too girls, and its been even worse this week as i'm now back working fulltime image . I feel constantly knackered but can't seem to actually sleep & when I do get to sleep I only manage a few hours then wake again & can't get back to sleep. Think i'm averaging about 4 hours a night which is horrible when trying to function all day at work. Roll on placenta when it'll hopefully take over some of this hard work - its my first & I had absolutely no idea growing a wee bubba would be such hard work!! xx
  • Options
    My sleep is getting worse too, the last 3 nights I've had to get up 6 (count 'em) times for a wee, then I really struggle to get back to sleep. I'm not even drinking as much as usual as I can only stomach ice cold water. Hopefully the uterus will start to move up a bit soon and take the pressure of my bladder (which seems to only be the size of a hazelnut at the best of times!)

I don't really have a bump yet but I'm a bit bloated. I might dig out my pregnancy pillow and give that a go tonight, it helped last time.
  • Options
    OOoh it's not just me then! I've had sooo much disturbed sleep since this pregnancy, i wondered whether it was giving up smoking and caffiene but that was weeks ago and it's not getting any better now. same as you ladies i used to sleep straight through, now once the slightest thing wakes me up that's it i can't get back to sleep for hours. Am permenantly shattered in day even when i do sleep so losing sleep at night isn't helping.