Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Apr 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Dating Scan - Grrr

Sorry, bit of a rant...

Here, you have to ring the hospital 5 days after your booking in appointment to book your 12 week scan (it's 5 days to make sure everything is on the systems). I called up yesterday at about 4.15pm thinking that Friday afternoon would be quite a good time to call as it wouldn't be too busy.

Seems I was wrong, I was on hold for 45 mins, with a really annoying message telling me "we are currently experiencing high call volumes at the present time" (which really annoyed me by the end, you're either currently experiencing high call volumes or experiencing high call volumes at the current time, no need for both!) and I could either hold or call back. As I was off work I thought it best to hold and just get it sorted but no, I held until 5pm at which point they close and I got a message to say call back in office hours. How bl00dy annoying! Now I have to call back next week when I'm at work (inconvenient to say the least) and no guarantee I'll get through any quicker next time.

So cheesed off!

Replies

• Options
    Oh hun that must be sooo frustrating!!

Have you managed to get through??

xxxxx
  • Options
    Yes, finally managed to get through this morning after waiting about 25 mins! They had my date of birth down as 1963 which isn't impossible (although very unlikely)! Mind you, I wouldn't mind looking this at 48 :lol:

Scan is booked for 8.20am on the 4th October, so hopefully we won't be kept waiting too long on the day! Only two more weeks before we see Little B again, very exciting
  • Options
    Lol lizzie! You'd be surprised at the number of women that age (and older) though. Glad you got through in the end xx
  • Options
    Lizzie brilliant youv got your scan date after all that phoning!!

Hahahaa 48 ops typo!!

Awww bet you cannot wait! I am still waiting for my letter to come with my scan date...i am soooo impaitent!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx