Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Apr 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

11+4 and still no scan date!

Just a winge really, i'm 11+4 and havnt got a date for my 12 week scan yet! Looks like i'll be well over 12 weeks by the time I get it.

I hate how every area is differnet! I had my midwife appointment at 9+5 and she said my scan appointment would be sent out in the next week or so but they were very busy so it could take longer!

Sorry for the pointless winge, think DH is sick of me saying 'still no scan date'

Replies

• Options
    G/C but give your local maternity hospital a call and ask to be put through to the ultrasound department. I did that and found out my scan date that way, as mine took ages to come through. As it happens they'd 'just put it on the system' when I called, which probably meant they'd forgotten.

Can't help to enquire x
  • Options
    I'd give them a call too hun. With ds it turned out my letter had gotten lost in the post when I was sitting very patiently waiting. Also if they offer nuchal screening at the scan the latest it can be done is 13+6....I got my date through a few weeks back but still not being seen until 13 weeks x
  • Options
    +Like the other girls said id give the ultrasound dept a call and just say you were wondering when your likely to get you letter with your date as you are coming up to 12 weeks and not received anything. And they will prob if they haven't already put you in, book you in over the phone.

Thats what my friends did, and i will be doing if i get to just over 11 weeks and no date.

I think it can depend on when you see your mw the earlier you see them the earlier youl get your letter and your date. I too only saw my mw sunday just gone when i was 9+3, so i too expect to receive my letter when im almost 12 weeks so my scan is likely to be later than 12 weeks. Which is why i am planning on calling at 11 weeks to make sure i get a scan at 12 weeks as this waiting is killing me!!!!

xxxxxx
  • Options
    Yep. As the others have said I would Definately give them a call. They could have forgotten to post it which I know can happen, you don't want to miss your date so I would ring them tomorow.

Emma xx
  • Options
    I seen my midwife when I was 7 weeks and she said if I didn't have a scan date within 2 weeks to give the hopsital a ring . I would def ring them x x
  • Options
    Thanks, I gave them a ring and they said 'we are in the process of making your appointment, you should find out middle of next week'!! wtf!

They are totally rubbish and it seems they can't cope with the demand. I made my booking in appointment at 4 weeks and couldnt get seen till I was nearly 10! :evil:
  • Options
    That does sound really rubbish, so make sure you stay on their case and keep calling if you haven't had letter soon. As you really want that date! Plus you have a right to an NT scan and there is a 13+ something cut off, so they have to fit you in before then!