Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Apr 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

I've had my scan

I had my dating scan yesterday and i am officially due on the 3rd April! So i am 12 weeks today image Everything was great with baby, so i am very relieved.

They have wrote on my notes that they are advising me to have a home birth, as they don't think i will make it into hospital this time. I have had quite quick labours with my last two. 1 1/2 hours from first contraction to delivery with dd and 30 mins with my ds. I literally walked in and he popped out :lol: I haven't decided what i want to do yet though. Has anyone else had any thoughts yet? x

Replies

• Options
    Glad everything was good! Wow, those were quick births image

The midwife mentioned home birth to me as I was although it was 12 hours from contractions starting to delivery, I was only in established labour for about 3 hours and went from 3cm to 10cm in two hours.

I'm not too keen, but if my last one had been 30 mins I would definitely consider it. At least if you've got everything there and it is really quick, you won't be caught out.
  • Options
    Hiya :0

Oh i'm glad everything went well did you get some nice pics ? We must upload our scan pics on !

Wow those are quick births i think a home birth will be nice image

so due on the 3rd I'm due on the 1st so about the same image

Its lovely to reach that 12 week milestone isn't it .

Hope your well image
  • Options
    Glad your scan went well, Very quick labours indeed. I think a home birth might be good for you for sure. xx
  • Options
    Glad your scan went well image

wow very quick labours - I would consider homebirth if I was you. My labour with ds was 27 hours from first contraction so plenty of time to get to hoisptal for me image
  • Options
    My actual scan came up that i was due on the 1st but as my edd was the 3rd according to last lmp, they said to stick with that because it was quite close. The doc had originally said that my due date compared to lmp was the 1st but she has got it wrong.

I wouldn't be so sure Gemma, I was in labour with my first ds for 48 hours, so it came as quite a surprise when his sister arrived so quick :lol:
  • Options
    ive had 2 home births due to my second son been 18mins before he showed his face lol.... so as long as u feel safe and all ok highly recommend... im in between another home birth or a water birth this time really dont know..... xx