Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Apr 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

I dont feel pg

I just don't feel pg at all. Since my bleeding/scan I've had no symptoms at all. I just feel pg. I looked at pictures from my last pg and at 8 weeks I looked like I was maybe pg (bump wise) and by 14 weeks I defo looked pg! Although I had no symptoms then either. I'm 7 + 4 now and feel nothing and don't look even maybe pg! Does anyone else feel like this? Maybe I'm not pg...... X

Replies

• Options

I know what you mean, I had a few days last week where I felt good and was really worried, now I'm feeling sick all the time I'm wishing I didn't have symptoms - it's a no win situation!! I had a proper pot belly by 8 weeks last time and struggled to hide it, but i was slim before hand. This time I'm still carrying baby weight so I assume that's why I don't look any bigger? Try not to worry, some people don't suffer any symptoms, I'm sure all is as it shoul be in there xx

• Options
    ive been the same, some days i have hardly any symptoms and others i have loads . i usually feel tired and sore boobs in the evening though. with dd i don't remember having much symptoms at all and i had bleeding with her from 9 to 19 weeks x
  • Options

Hmmmmm, well I wasn't feeling pregnant this morning until about 10 mins ago when I had my first proper morning sickness image it wasn't too bad though, I'll take it over constant nausea any day! And I've been in a foul mood, so I guess hormones are definitely working :/ xx

• Options

Totally agree baby boom, have mild nausea but used to get that occassinally post hangover so doesn't feel that different - I saw some people were going for early scans so I've got one booked at my EPAU on Friday when I'll be 8+2 so maybe that'll make it all feel a bit more real. Also have booking appt on Wednesday - I feel a bit like a fraud, I know these tests say i am but I really don't believe it! fx

• Options

aww im cursing myself for moaning about no symptoms, i now feel like i have the hangover from hell! lol! enjoy your lack of symptoms while it lasts x

• Options

Yeah know what you mean, I have extremely sore boobs, tiredness, raging hormones and slight nausea, but it doesn't really feel like anything's going on in my belly! But then what is it meant to feel like when you're pregnant anyway? I can't remember the first time round, I don't think it starts to feel real until baby kicks...

Don't worry Baby Boom everything will be fine x 

• Options

Ive got sore boobs and a super sense of smell (ive become obsessed with smells in all 3 of my pregnancies especially garlic) but i dont feel sick but with my other two i dont remember that kicking in before 6 weeks though. My boobs are killing me though cant bare to touch them and drying after a shower is hell!!!

Dont worry hun every pregnancy is different... x

• Options
    I just don't feel any different from normal. I'm as slim as I was with my dd if not maybe more slim! (lost weight to help ttc). I did have no symptoms with dd (apart from two bleeds) so maybe its just the way I am. I wish I had a ultrasound machine at home!!

2 weeks till I should hear baby heartbeat fingers crossed that will reassure me. image
  • Options
    fingers crossed everything will be ok baby boom, you're so lucky only having two weeks to wait. with dd i didnt really have symptoms and with the last pregnancy i had loads (sore boobs, bloated, nauseous, gone off milky things, strong sense smell)), exhausted) and felt a lot worse so it was a real shock to find id had a mmc. i think Im beginning to learn that having these symptoms or not is not an induction of whether you have a healthy pregnancy and every pregnancy is different . doesn't stop me worrying though as ive got all the symptoms strong again today. i guess the thing we got to focus on is there is higher odds of everything being fine than notx
  • Options
    indication not induction, sorry (silly fone!)
  • Options

Hmmm well with my DS I had absolutely no symptoms whatsoever! I remember having one brief 5 minute moment of nausea!!! And that was it, no sore boobs nothing!!!

I did have a couple of bleeds with him though.

This time I have had a lot of nausea which didn't kick in properly until 7 weeks and it more a case of I have absolutely lost my appeitite.  But still having bleeding with this one!!!! My boobs are massive and sore!  Maybe I am having a girl this time - can always hope ha ha!!

• Options
    Yes I need to stop worrying. I suppose it won't change anything worrying, only time will tell if baby is ok or not.

They should have open access to epu! Lol
  • Options
    yeah wish we could just plug an ultra sound wand into the computer snd check ourselves!
  • Options

An at home ultrasound would be fab wouldnt it... just to be able to check baby whenever we wanted to. I used a doppler in later pregnancy with dd but i became too obsessed with it and paniced if i couldnt find it etc so I sold it and didnt get one with ds cos i didnt wanna put myself through that obsession again!

• Options
    lol you're probably right, having too easy access to something like that might make us worse!