Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Apr 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

seriously! mother nature are you having a laugh!

so far i have hot sweats, cold shivers, constant nausea, food appeals to me till i actually take a bite then i feel sick, sore boobs, itchy throat and ears,insomnia and just been advised that my neice has a highly infectious virus, and i looked after her yesterday!

why cant being pregnant be more fun image x

Replies

• Options

Barrel of laughs isn't it?! I envy people so much who have no symptoms. I swear I'd of been more than happy to be one of these women who have a little tummy ache and out pops a baby! Can totally sympathise, other than the throat & ears (& the infectious neice!) I have them all. The sickness is a killer, especially with a toddler to run around after image

Not long to go......................!

x

• Options

yeah i reckon if i could get a handle on the nausea i could manage the rest, i even have tablets from doctor, dread to think how bad it would be if i didnt have them, it stopped at 16 weeks last time so 9 weeks and counting, had myself convinced i would handle it better 2nd time round cos i knew what to expect, who was i kidding! lol! x

• Options

I might see about getting these tablets.. did you go directly to the doctor or midwife? I was sick for the full 9 months last time, really hope it stops at 12 weeks this time x

• Options

Awww hugs hun, pregnancy is sooo much fun isnt it.. I love being pregnant but I do always wonder if mother nature couldnt be just a tad nicer to us since we are doing such a wonderful thing... wouldnt if be good if we could just carry the baby and the OHs could get all the symptoms!!! I live in hope! x

• Options

My OH keeps telling me all my symptoms are in my head (apart from being sick lol) because apparently my hormones aren't high enough yet ... he's such a dunce! How does he think a pregnancy is sustained?! Grrrrrrr and he also won't give me any sympathy because apparently I "hid" the condoms which is how I got pregnant. In fairness, I can't find them, but if he was so against having another he didn't have to do the deed with me until we found them surely?

And yes, definitely agree, mother nature should be kinder so us preggy ladies, it's hard enough giving up our bodies for 9 months (even more if we breastfeed) so it could be a nicer experience. Although I guess if it was a totally delightful experience the world would be a far more populated place, so maybe it's natures way of controlling the population a bit? x

• Options
    You have my sympathy hun image I am grateful for the reassurance of having symptoms, but I would like to get through one day, or even one meal without feeling sick (I haven't been, just feel it - was the same with my lo) or be able to stand up without being light headed, or even just get through one night without having to pee!!!
  • Options
    I didn't have any symptoms with my other 2 but with this one a feel all of the above and it is so hard with two others to look after xxx
  • Options

hey, lolopop, soz about late reply, i got the tablets from my gp, was on them prior to pregnancy for an inflammed stomach, asked if i could still take them for my pregnancy nausea and he agreed, they are called Omeprazole

nice to know theres a few ladies out there feeling the same as me and this time next year we will have forgotten all about feeling sick and just wonder where our sleep went lol! x