Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Apr 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

when to book docs appt/ midwife?

Hi all Im 5+ 6 today and i am wondering when i should book.a docs appt ? I cant remember when i went when preg with dd ,i know we paid for private scan for reassurance at 9 weeks but dont know if we d been to docs or middife bu then or not. Also had 2 chemicals this year so im v cautious with this pregnancy so ive been holding off going to.docs Xxx

Replies

• Options
    Hello image to be honest 2nd time around the doc was useless and looked at me as if to say 'and what would you like me to do about it' !! The mw was good and saw her at 8 weeks but don't know if its formality to see doc first?
  • Options
    I think you normally need doc to refer you to MW first. MIT be worth calling docs telling them you're pregnant and do they need to see you. Where I am I've had to tell GP so he can refer me. I'm booking in with MW when I'm 9+1 and they'll give me a scan date at that appointment. I wanted to get the ball rolling early to try and make sure my 12 week scan wasn't delayed (it was last time as I didn't see docs until 7weeks)
  • Options
    Might not MIT
  • Options
    I rang Drs as soon as I got a BFP an the receptionist just booked me in with the MW. I think everywhere is different though. Just give them a call

And see what they say x
  • Options
    At mY surgery you see dr, he checks blood pressure asks a few q's and then refers you. It's quite nice actually.

My booking in appointment is today and I'm 6 weeks. I'm being seen early though due to health problems x