Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Apr 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Doctors

Hello ladies, Just thought I do a quick post. I have felt like utter crap for the last few days and was starting to panic.! Just been to the doctor and as much as I still at the moment feel like crap.. I also feel nicely reassured! I can't be the only one panicking so thought I might be able to save someone else some worry: Dizziness and fainting - if you full on faint go to the doc/midwives. I've been dropping here there and everywhere. Apparently that's due to me having very low blood pressure. Lots of water and she prescribed dioralyte. Its full of salt which boosts your blood pressure back up. Very normal. Due to the extra blood baby needs and the hormones Sickness and nausea - sorry if too much information but I racked up 6 sicks today. If not being sick have felt sick morning noon and night. Doc said not to panic as long as I start to keep something down. She suggested bland and plain - potatoe, bread/toast crackers and rich tea biscuits. Has also prescribed cyclizine. Initially I didn't want anything as was worried about bud, but she really reassured me. Drug is years old and has always been used for pregnant women to no I'll affect. Bloaty trumpy issues image She prescribed me isphaghula husk. Apparently that sorts it all out - cramps/gas and not being able to go..... How embarrassing is pregnancy??? Sure a lot of you guys no all this already but as I first timer it's all new and horrible and icky!! Hope this helps some of our other April mummies image Xxx