Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Apr 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

urgh i feel so sick :(

the past couple of days ive felt so sick ive not really felt like doing anything image not actually been sick but so so nauseous. anyone got any tips for easing it? i only had mild sickness with dd and with my other pregnancy earlier in the year so wasn't expecting it. i guess its true every pregnancy is different.

Replies

• Options
    The only thing that has remotely helped me is drinking coke! And making sure I eat a little and often.

Big hugs hon, it is hideous! I am feeling better now at 10+ weeks but was feeling awful a few weeks ago xx
  • Options

Can totally sympathise with you, I've felt like that to. Today has been a good day. I'm keeping my nausea at bay with sea-bands, if I take them off to give my wrist a rest I really notice the difference and end up just lying on the sofa trying not to move.

With my ds I felt nauseas but not as constantly as this time, although by this stage with him I had been sick a few times were as so far with this pregnancy I've just felt sick but not actually been sick. 

Hope you feel better soon. x

• Options
    I've been forcing down two bananas in a smoothie very morning which has helped. I've also got ginger and lemon tea and peppermint tea, I drink both anyway because I have a caffeine intolerance and ibs and they help with that but they're also helping with my constant nausea.
  • Options
    Oh and I've started taking my multi vit at night rather than with breakfast.
  • Options
    I totally sympathise this last week.or so has felt like one long hangover for me , i feel so sick especially at night time and in a morning. I also find eating little and often helps ,but not much else i just feel so ill xxx
  • Options

ah hope you feel better soon, sorry im totally gatecrashing from due in feb-was also a due in June 2010 mummy! had to comment as i have my two toddlers jumping all over me and your picture of mummy pig is causing them much delight! They keep making me scroll up to look at it!! Can't help much with the sicknesss as i was very lucky but i do hope you feel better soon and remember its prob a good sign!

• Options
    I know how you feel Devon mummy, I've been feeling sik for a few weeks now but these last few days it's really geared up a level. I've been sleeping wheni put my little girl down for a nap too, it's the only way to escape feelin rubbish image 10 weeks today so really hoping it doesn't last much longer - though having said that if this pregnancy continues to follow the pattern of my first, I have headaches and nose bleeds to look forward to in the next trimester! Joy! Xx
  • Options
    thanks girls feel a bit better today. went to the shops and stocked up on mintsand ginger tea so hoping they might help at work tomoro. also ordered anti sickness bonds on amazon. hi baby bumpy 2 unfortunately dd rarely naps now so not much chance of putting my head down image
  • Options
    Arrrgghh i feel worse today actual sickness has kicked in ....god i feel rough image xxx
  • Options
    tried ginger tea but it actually made me feel more sick image
  • Options
    I went to sleep at 7.30 yest as i felt so sick i couldnt move , woke at 12 and again at 6 am i feel so sick .its my dd last full day off before starting nursery so im hoping to geel better to take her out for the day xxx
  • Options

just discoverd that my multi vits are aggravating my nausea, forgot to take it yesterday and hardly felt sick at all,  guess i'll just try to eat healthy and hope for the best, on the plus side first midwife appointment tomorrow, woop woop! so as long as they get me booked in for scan asap that means only 3 weeks to go till i can relax a little knowing everything is ok x