Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Aug 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Holiday

What is everyone doing for holidays this year?

We can't go abroad as OH and my passports ran out last year, and Haiden needs one too. Too much money!!

We collected The Sun Holiday vouchers and are going away to the Isle of Wight for a few days in June. OH has never been there so wanted to go. They are doing foreign holidays now too and I wanted to do either France or Italy, but as I said, no passports

The week before we go there Haiden and I are also having a few days in Devon with my sister and nephew. I am having to drive as my car is massive and hers is teeny- not looknig forward to it! xx

Replies

• Options
    We will be roughing it in our trailer tent!! We only got it last year and only got away once. Money is a bit tight so we will be making the most of it this summer.

If we can manage a week away somewhere sunny we will go for it but cant imagine it happening to be honest.
  • Options
    Hi

Were going to Cornwall for a week in June, it will be the 4 of us and my mum and little brother.

Really looking forward to it, we love cornwall and dont have the urge to go abroad any time soon image
  • Options
    Well we've just come back from 5 weeks in OZ so thats our main holiday done for this year as a family.

We're off to Centre Parcs in a couple of weeks then to Abersoch over Easter with the grandparents!!

I have a big birthday in the summer so hubby and I may have a few days abroad in a City by ourselves if we can stretch to it. We also have 2 weddings in Ireland to go to!!

I cant function if I dont have a holiday to look forward to - been looking at October half term but hoping to be pregnant so gonna hold off.

Passports are a rip off - I had to get a new one for OZ and Mummy Cat i did the same as you with the name change thing!! Good job they last 10 years.
  • Options
    Major rip off! And really they are only valid for 9 and a half years as you need six months left to go anywhere.

hey mummycat not seen you in a while x
  • Options
    Hi

Fiona can you give any recommendations for accommadation in cornwall? We have nothing booked yet not sure what we can afford this year yet?
  • Options
    Hi well were with Haven this year

but about 6 years ago we went with farm and cottage holidays. we stayed in a lovely cottage in Truro. Was in easy reach of Newquay and perranporth.

I tried to see if I could find it on website but no luck x

www.holidaycottages.co.uk