Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Aug 09

Baby updates June 2010

Hey ladies, loved the last update thread so thought I'd start a new one!

Roisin now weighs 20lb 3 oz (at 9 and a half months) - between 50th and 75th centile.
She has 4 teeth! Top 2 just through and bottom two.
She started crawling properly and pulling herself up on everything about a week ago (after weeks of commando crawling), I'm exhausted! Bring back helpless, inanimate baby! She is desperate to stand but not quite there yet without holding on to something. Bedtimes are getting harder as she stands up in her cot all the time (even occasionally in her sleep: please be a phase!)
Still loving babbling: dada, mama, baba, gaga etc etc etc. Her communication is getting much more sophisticated, she's one stubborn lady! She also has a really funny fake laugh!
She has mastered the art of waving goodbye.
Oh, and her latest obsession is dogs!

Helen x

Replies

• Wow how freaked am I right now! I had actually started typing a similar thread less than an hour ago, but a cold glass of wine somehow distracted me!
    Without wanting to sound all weird, I have such a soft spot for Roisin! You know when your pregnant, you imagine how your baby will look, well she is just identical to what I had thought my baby would be like! And Roisin was on our shortlist for baby names!
    Orla weighed 16lb at 9 months old and now finally above the 2nd centile.
    She has just cut her first top two teeth so she looks so goofy and cute when she smiles! No bottom yet but they look so close to the surface.
    She keeps switching from commando to all fours crawling, and doesn't stay still for a minute!
    Recently she keeps pulling at me when were sitting on the floor, she wants to stand but only when I'm holding her closely.
    She says dada all day long, no mama yet image She has even mastered how to say 'Hayden' so her big bro is very chuffed!
    Sleep wise is ok (touch wood) putting her down for the night isn't quite perfect but for now it nots a major issue.
    She likes to wave at the tv and she will bop her head when I sing to her or if she hears music.

Cat xxx
  • Cat that's so lovely! Orla (Orlaith) was one of my names! As you know I love looking at your pics of her too, she's soooo cute. Can't believe she was on the 2nd centile, she always looks so haelthy though, just like a tiny little fairy! x
  • hi girls,

cailey is now 9 months and weighs about 32lbs, she is completely off the chart for a 1yr old. She is measuring 80cm long.
    she has 8 teeth, 4 on the top and 4 on the bottom with a few more white spots in her mouth.
    she has no intention of crawling or standing yet, she may shuffle on her bottom but nothing yet. she rolled over for the first time on sat night!
    she says dada, occasionally mama or mum, hiya and we're thinking she sounds the dogs name, sasha.
    she is learning to clap her hands (and her feet), and she also uses the tv remote to immitate being on the phone.
    she loves to watch and hear her daddy plying his guitar and loves music.
    she is usually an ok sleeper, touch wood our months of sleepless nights are over for now.

cailey is a bit poorly just now, she is vomitting and has a high temp, she is suffering from hayfever and the drs think she may have asthma so is on an inhaler and anitibiotics just now as well as piriton. she is still in bed just now which is very unlike her so im hoping she is sleeping off a virus so she stops being sick.

its amzing how much they have come on. i just look at her everyday and still feel amazed at how shes developed from this tiny helpless baby to a little (big) girl with a personality!

xxx
  • Haiden is 10 months and 4 days today. Over the year she has gone from the 75th to the 50th centile, and she weighs about 20lbs now. She is quite long! We have just put her in the stage 1 seat (Maxi Cosi Axiss- which is fab!) which she loves

She has been crawling since the beginning of April, and has been pulling herself up onto her feet over the last few weeks. She does it all the time now! She claps all the time, and she is always smiling and laughing. She has always liked me singing to her, we sing songs like Copa Cabana and You're My Little Choochy Face from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, but we change the words!

Night times are becoming a bit of a pain, as she is so active she keep getting herself up. Before she would just lay there and drop off but that's not the case now. Grrrrr!!!!

Routines are difficult as she has nursery for 3 days, my sister for 2 and me for 2. I do the best I can. Currently we are trying to restrict her dummy to sleep times, and it's more difficult than I thought!

xx
  • Oh I love these! They are all doing so well, I'm sure the August babies are the most advanced!

Well Fred is still a titch, he was 15lb 7oz at 9 months 1 week. He eats quite well though, but is constantly on the fidget, and NEVER sits still! He just started crawling last week and is getting quite speedy, but sometimes gets a bit too fast for himself and tips right over onto his nose, sometimes I think he will do a full forward roll but he seems to stop himself in time. He pulls himself up on everything and can stand quite well one handed or just leaning his back up against the sofa, but I don't think he will walk for ages, his legs are like an old drunk's if he ever tries! he had a little accident this morning trying to pole dance on the washing line pole went straight over on to the stone paving and poor mite now has a cartoon lump on his head! I looked like a right div trying to get to him and falling over washing baskets on the way, not a graceful morning at the Slippers household!

He talks incessantly (can't think where he gets it from!!) and crawls around after me shouting mumumumum, it's so cute, sometimes I just go into the next room to get him to follow me, I love it! We think he's saying goodbye too, but not 100% sure, he does this very camp wave and says bababa at the same time.

He's never been easy to get to sleep, but for the last 2 weeks I have been putting him down in his cot to put himself off rather than cuddle him to sleep. He is getting there though and goes off quite quickly for nap time. Just bedtime takes ages, I think he doesn't want to give in to it being the end of the day. I read him a story leaning over the cot and he always gets up and kneels next to me and chews the book! I read about 3 lines, then lie him back down, then read another 3 lines, it takes for ever!

I go back to work next week so we're currently doing nursery trials and he seems ok, he will only go one day a week and my mum will have him the other day or two depending what I'm working.

I can't get over how much I'm loving being a mum, he just gets more fab every day, he's like my little sidekick and it will be hard going to work, as we've been inseperable all day every day for nearly 10 months.

xx
  • Aah, so lovely reading about all the babies!!!

Chan1986, Lily is such a flirt too if we are out and a lady or young girl looks at her it takes her ages to smile, but if a man or young boy looks even vaguely in her direction she is all smiles and waves!

Slippers, I can sooo relate to what you said about Fred being your sidekick, thats exactly how I feel about Lily, like we are 2 pees in a pod!!!

Lily is 18lb 4oz and 75cm long, she has 2 bottom teeth and her 2 top teeth have just broke the surface! She can stand up against the sofa and pulls herself up all the time, she is not really interested in crawling and still only goes backwards, then gives up and pulls herself up instead, she has just started getting me to "walk" her holding my fingers today so I think this might be the latest thing!
    She said hello first back at christmas time, but no-one believed me at first, till I said to say hello to her and she answered them! She can now say Mum, dad, hello, ta (sort of) & hi, she also keeps saying moof and we think she is trying to say our cats name which is Smurf.
    I just love being a Mum, she really is the best thing to have happened to me!!! :\)

Lisa & Lily xx

[Modified by: lisalilypops on June 04, 2010 10:32 PM]

• Oohhh all fab with the Aug babbas!

Alfie is now 9 & 1/2 months and probably weighs 24lb at least. We last got him weighed about 5wk ago and he was just over 23lb. He seems to get longer avery day. He only just fits into his 12-18 month sleeping bag! We always get some smart comment from the Asda checkout person every time we go shopping. Yes my son is big, but he's mine, all mine!!
    He's only just properly started sitting up although has been trying to stand for ages. He's a master roller and nappy change time is a piggin' nightmare! We call him the kamikaze kid because of the way he flings himself about.
    I'm now back at work full time and so he goes to my sister's who has a 3yr old daughter and Alfie absolutely loves it. It seems to be helping his development.
    He still chunners in his own language. "Og" is his favourite word. He still growls which is sooo amusing. He keeps trying to give his dummy to the dog.
    Alfie has just started going swimming with his dad and he apparently loves it. Gutted I miss it but with work it's difficult finding time to go with them.
    Alfie's sleeping habits have changed somewhat recently. He doesn't sleep half as much as he used to and he doesn't go to bed until about 9.30pm! I've tried & tried to get him down earlier but he always wakes screaming after an hour. He has been waking throughout the night for the past couple of wks but he's had a bad cold & a cough plus teething (he now has 2 bottom teeth). I'm hoping it stops & he goes back to sleeping through!

Kimmy - we sing daft songs too. 'Hey Big Spender' is one of ours!

Shell xx
  • Roisin loves Lady Gaga's 'Bad Romance'!
  • Aww - How fab are our August Babies!!
    Its made me quite emotional reading these updates.

Well, Harrison weighs 21lb but i swear the scales are wrong cos he feels sooooo much heavier than that - Its like a workout when I have to carry him. he's still a little shorty too - bless.

Harrison is stil as NUTS as ever!! He is never still and since he started crawling months ago I've lost 2 stone just from following him around. He has an onbession with doors that is driving me demented. He can pull himself up with no bother and kinda shuffle along the sofa but i wouldn'r say it was cruising yet - not sure.
    He still does all that in his sleep and the paediatrician thinks he may be a sleepwalker when he's older - brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!

He's still a nightmare eater at times - e.g. full day at nursery and he wont eat a thing for them, just sits there shaking his head saying 'no, no, no'.
    He says hiya daddy all day every day - erm what about me!!???? Hubby thinks its ace of course but I'm a bit miffed if I'm honest.

He's fab and I miss him loads now I'm back at work, but we still get 2 days per week together as well as weekends so its not too bad!!
  • Hi

Reuben is 9 and half months weighs 21lb he's very tall. Crawling like mad he's standing and trying to take steps!!! He loves climbing, mickey mouse club house is his fav tv programme. He is just cutting his first 2 teeth bottom ones. He goes to childminder one day a week and with my mum one day a week while i'm at work not quite settling with the childminder yet but i'll give a few more weeks.

He has a wicked laugh and laughs a lot generally happy little man xxxxxxx
  • I love this thread!

Grace will be 9 months on Monday (she wasn't born until 14th September as she was 15 days late!)

She was weighed on Tuesday and was 22lb 2oz and is above the 91st centile; she has always followed this line. She was last measured about a month ago and was 75cm but I would estimate her being a bit longer than that now - maybe 78?

Grace got her first two teeth at 4 months, and now has eight. Those six have all come in twos over the last month! Oh, the joy of teething......

She is crawling everywhere and chasing our poor cat is her favourite pastime. The cat is an old lady and just wants some peace, but is infinitely patient with Grace even when she pulls out chunks of fur (she is a persian so extremely fluffy!).

She can say hiya, hello, dada, baba, no and yes. She has said mama a couple of times, but not much......

I am loving my time with Grace before I go back to work Mon-Weds in September, but it is definitely harder than when she was dinky! Our issue is also sleep, she will only go to sleep when lying on our bed. If you put her in the cot awake, she will scream and be sick. CC results in the same sickness. It's awful. She has always been like this, and the HV thinks it's separation anxiety. Her recommendation is to keep Grace downstairs and only take her up to her cot when she is absolutely shattered. Will give it a go next week as we're off to Cornwall for a long weekend in the morning. Any tips welcome, though! image

Lovely to hear how the little ones are getting on.

Em xx
  • My Grace is 10 months tomorrow, she has 6 teeth 2 at the bottom and 4 at the top. She is rolling all over the place - standing on her two feet but showing no signs of crawling or walking (which suits me just fine). She says babbab, mama, dada etc clapping her hands, waving and shuffle dancing. She is a very good baby eats her food (love it) and feeds herself finger foods really well. The only thing with her is that I have never been able to get her to take a bottle or formula so I have been breastfeedng which was fine until I noticed my milk had dropped and then last night found out I was pregnant! Because of this she no longer sleeps 12 hours and has started to wake once or twice a night - roll on August when she can have cow's milk.
    Al your little ones are doing so well
    Emma xx