Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Aug 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

What are you buying for 1st birthday pressie

Hi

Being nosey really i'm unsure of what to get my litle man for his birthday, I don't want anything to babyish for him I want him to grow into it between now and xmas. He already has a trike I couldn't resist getting that in the spring. Family are buying him a sand and water table, I have seen this on ELC what do you think?

http://www.elc.co.uk/Mega-Bloks-3-in-1-Play-'N'-Go-Table/124288,default,pd.html

Annette

Replies

• Options
    Was thinking of getting Bertie that too, something he can sit up at and build, it's like first Lego. Good choice
  • Options
    We aren't buying Harrison anything!! Ha ha how mean am I.
    No I'll be getting him an outfit for his party but he's just got a trike and spent ??100 on toys in elc at the weekend so thats it from us.
    He's get SPOLIT from family and friends though so no point in us getting anything else.
    I'm so excited about it - but also a little sad!!!
  • Options
    well..

I fell in love with a wooden car ride on, 50's style scooter type thing (thats such a bad description!) at a local toy shop, yet I liked it in Aqua and now they only have pink, so I might as well get the trike and trailer from the ELC whilst it is half price (sadly only the pink one) as if I loved the other one so much I would have bought it rather than umming and ahhing over it!

I was going to buy her a pretty dress from next that I had seen, but she has so many, and my SIL has just bought her a beautiful one with strawberrys on so I think she will just wear that!

For all her little friends I have stockpiled gifts, they are all getting the same! The Lil Jiggle garden was reduced to ??4.50 in debenhams, and some stacking birdhouses were also ??4.50 so the girls have one of those each and the boys have a drum from the ELC! Her best friend Florrie has got some Cath Kidston cushions and a teddy too!

Bets XxX
  • Options
    Holly loves when I sit with her at my piano so I saw a beautiful baby baby grand piano in a little wooden toy shop, its absolutely beautiful and its tuned properly so she might even learn a little on it when shes a bit older! She got a trike at christmas and will get loads more toys and clothes for her birthday so I thought this would be something a little different.
  • Options
    we too have bought cailey a trike, which is for her birthday but there was no point buyin it for late aug!
    we're thinking about some musical instruments from elc and that mega blocks things looks cool too!
    for a sentimental things im buying her a charm bracelet and as she gets older im gonna add to it and give ehr it wen shes 18 or 21 or another significant time in her life!
    im sure she is going to be so spoilt by everyone!

xxxx

[Modified by: SweetAsSugar on July 12, 2010 12:48 PM]

• Options
    Hi Ive bought Jay's already, he got a Smart Trike from ELC. They are reduced at mo from ??75 to ??65. Its great and he likes it! x
  • Options
    Haiden is getting a paddling pool, some books and a Lovelinks bracelet x
  • Options
    i love the charm bracelet idea i'm going to pinch it i think! x
  • Options
    Some great ideas thanks guys, I can defiantly see Reuben getting bored with his current toys x