Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Aug 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

George has taken his first steps - now with a pic!!!

Hi All, I had to share my excitment with you all - yesterday George had a really big milestone day, he got his two top teeth and took his first unaided steps and now we cant stop him!

Hes been crawling since he was 7 months old and cruising around the furniture with ease but its taken him quite a while to get his balance but he mastered standing on his own a few weeks ago and then yesterday he went 1,2,3 ... abit of a run... then straight into my arms, such a lovely moment :\) He was raring to go again this morning and was desperately trying to practice it!!!

Hes not as advanced on other things, he still doesnt clap or wave bye yet so hes obviously spent all of his time trying to work out how to get around.

Hope you and your little ones are all ok.

Claire & George 10 months xx

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs073.ash2/36991_405175559791_646344791_4024617_4196563_n.jpg

[Modified by: claireclaired on 27 June 2010 22:22:14 ]

Replies

• Options
    Aww how exciting "Go George"!! Iris is just standing unaided and doing a kind of mad hip thrusting dance (quite embarassing at times lol), my elder two were walking by 10 months and once they were off they were most certainly off. Did you cry? I sobed when my eldest walked so early i wanted to keep her a baby forever.
    Jo
  • Options
    What a fantastic moment it must've been for you - I'm so worried I'm going to miss stuff like that.
    Well done George, Clever Boy!!
  • Options
    Clever George!! Bet you were so proud image

I can't believe how fast they're all growing up. Alfie has only just started crawling (last 3 weeks) but there's no stopping him and he gets faster every day. Think it'll be a while before he walks though. On the other hand he can clap on demand when you say 'do clap clap' and he can wave and do 'gimme five'. He just starting to give kisses but not sure how I can teach him no tongues! Slobbery monkey!

Shell xx

[Modified by: floss78 on June 24, 2010 11:09 PM]

• Options
    Yay George! Roisin crawls, cruises the furniture and now does a bit of wobbly unaided standing ... she's getting there! She didn't crawl until 9 months (didn't roll until 7) now everything is going so quickly. She's so alert and responsive, I can play loads of little games with her now. Oh and she's a clapping maniac! Can't get enough of it x
  • Options
    ahhh well done George Lily doesnt crawl yet and is very wobbly on her legs cant stand unaided but occasionally stands on the sofa holding onto the back - she does lots of other things that i think are advanced but not walking and crawling lol

She says loads of words though image
  • Options
    Wow wee George!!!!

We really have some clever babies here in August! I'm so proud of them all x x
  • Options
    Yay, Well done George!!! Love the pic, the concentration bless him!!!
    Lily crawls and cruises but no proper walking yet. x