Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Aug 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Trafford centre meet up?

Right, we NEED to have a meet up, seeing as all our babies are ready for the big wide world and we are getting more confident on our missions out of the house! ( I have now fed Isabelle in church, 3 restaurants and the hairdressers and no one has a clue!)

The trafford centre is pretty central for a North west get together, I know some won't be able to get there, but we could at least try for us who are near there to meet up and show our babies off in the flesh.

Any dates are fine by me, perhaps we should avoid half term week but fire away with availabilty and ideas! Starbucks by John Lewis is a good point, and us breast feeders are then near the best feeding room in John Lewis! We can all trek up and down and look for cute Christmas outfits, what do you reckon?
Bets XxX

Replies

• Options
    I'm up for it Bets.

Maybe nearly November?

Fridays are no good for me and I'm not great in the mornings yet (ha ha) but other than that happy to do whenever!!!

Anyone else close enough to TC to come along?

xxx
  • Options
    I'm 45 minutes away from the Trafford Centre and wouldlove to meet up, November sounds good for me and great time for looking for cute outfits for Christmas x x
  • Options
    Ah no its too far for me to come thats a shame I was lookingforward to another meet up.

xx
  • Options
    i'll come! anytime is fine!

I just need a bit of notice to find someone to mind James as he is a typical 2 year old boy who does not do shopping!

Anna x
  • Options
    ooooh, sounds like fun! I'll certainly try & come along, I'm only 25 mins away.

It'll be a squeeze with all the prams! I have a Baby Bjorn carrier (test drive photos on FB, lol) so might use that instead and bring along a changing bag. Leaves both hands free when it comes to the shopping part, he he.

I think a weekday would be better as it's quieter than weekend?? The christmas decs will be up, if they're not already? I haven't been for a while but I know the Trafford Centre is always very early. That scary singing christmas tree with huge eyes spooks me!

Shell & Alfie xx
  • Options
    I'm in!! Will be a big adventure for Fred to get the train for the first time! x
  • Options
    Slippers how long will it take you on the train?

xx
  • Options
    Hey hun, it will take me about an hour from Leeds I think, tbh I'm not sure if i will have to change in Mcr to get a train out to the T/C. The bad news is, we are moving about 10 miles south of Leeds in a couple of weeks time, so I might have toget the bus then train. I may throw the towel in and drive, Fred's first train journey might have to wait! xx
  • Options
    Thats not so bad, it would take me about 4 hours, we will need to arrange another day/night in Newcastle (we can book the Travel Inn really cheap if we do it in advance)

xx
  • Options
    Im staying near manchester for a week over half term, will be going to trafford centre then, is the shopping good there?
  • Options
    Yeah Georgie the shopping is great, plus loads of places to eat / drink!!

I meet up with my ante natals girls every friday there. There are 10 of us and we meet in the orient (costa) and theres loads of room.

Weekdays are much quieter!!

Slippers if you get the train it will only go as far as the city centre so you'd have to get a bus out to TC. If I had another car seat I'd pick you up from the station!

Anyone want to suggest a date?
    Fridays are no good for me.

Lisa x
  • Options
    Count me in too, Im about an hour and a half away.

November would be better for me, only dates I cant do is 26th & 27th Nov as its hubbys 30th birthday and we're going away.

Will look forward to it.

Claire xx
  • Options
    FLying visit to BE as angel child has turned into screaming nutter these last few days, yet this morning she is back to her usual happy self, and I have had no screams and an hour's bath while she slept in the pram! However, I can hear her flicking her bell on her pram chain which is her usual, "mummy I am awake, you have 2 minutes until I shout!"

November sounds like a plan then, are Tuesdays good by everyone?
    I have physio on the 3rd, so is everyone free on the tenth? I can't do wednesdays as there is no way I can have the car as hubby does visits for work.

Lisa, costa seems like a good place if there is room for prams/ pushchairs, as Starbucks can be a bit tight on space

Provisionally 10th November at 1p.m.?

Any issues and we will have a re-think!
    Bets and a huffy Isabelle! XxX
  • Options
    That date is good for me as Paul is working 2pm-10pm so I know I'll definitely be able to get ready in the morning whilst he minds Alfie!

Shell xx
  • Options
    10th is great for me too, any Tuesday is though if 10th doesn't suit others .

Claire x x
  • Options
    10th fine for me!
  • Options
    Good for me too! xx
  • Options
    MrsN... is the 10th ok for you? Haven't heard from you recently, hope everything is ok?

Shell xx
  • Options
    hi girls. sorry not been on much-little man is keeping me busy! the 10th is great for me x x
  • Options
    10 November is good for me too x x