Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Aug 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Formula milk at 1 year old

Hiya,

Ella is 1 next Thursday and she's still having 16oz milk each day.
4oz in morning
5oz at 2pm
7oz at 7pm

I've tried taking away the morning feed but she was not happy. And Ive already reduced the feeds as she was having a couple oz more with each bottle.
She still wants these feeds so how do I ween her off them?

Im happy for her to have the night feed until she is 2 but I thought a 1 year old doesnt need any more in the day.

Is anyone else weaning their babies off formula?

xXx

Replies

• Options
    James is till have about 16oz but has this as a morning and evening feed. I replaced his afternoon one with a snack and he didn't seem to notice really, so might be worth trying that.

He has just started on cows milk and didn't like it at all! So I started making up a bottle of formula and then adding a bit of cows milk and then added a bit more each time, now he is on cows milk only, although it did take two weeks to get to that point.

xxx
  • Options
    Grace is a bit younger than most of the August babies (she was 15 days late so born on 14th September!) but I will be weaning her off as she approaches one.

For the last couple of months, she has only been having two bottles a day; I make 8oz morning and bedtime but she rarely drinks it all.

I give her cow's milk in her tippee either with lunch, afternoon snack, or tea. She drinks it fine, so am hoping the switch will be ok.

I just replaced the afternoon bottle with a drink in the tippee plus fruit, toast, cheese stick or biccie etc.

Em xx
  • Options
    Oh Reuben is still having around 20oz a day, how much should they be having he has 7 in a morning, 6 in afternoon 8 at bed doesn't always drink all but most???
  • Options
    Roisin has just gone from Aptamil to cow's milk as I wanted her established on this by the age of one. She has 8oz in the morning (an hour after breakfast) and 8oz at 7 (just before bed). She drinks it much better than she did formula, or breastmilk if truth be told! x
  • Options
    Cailey has 9oz first thing..... usually between 5am and 7am..... she dont sleep great!
    Then another 9oz before bed! Shes not had an afternoon bottle for ages!
    xxx
  • Options
    Poppy stil has 3 bottles a day with 7oz in each. She also has 3 meals a day, pudding after lunch and dinner and a snack at arounf 3pm.

She loves her milk still, however I am planning to drop the afternoon one in the near future.

My 3 year old still loves a drink of warm cow milk in her cup in the morning and before bedtime. Milk is good for her so I am happy to continue this.

Sam
  • Options
    Fred just has 2 bottles a day now, about 5/6oz in the morning - he has Aptamil growing up milk. And about 6/7oz in the evening of Hipp Goodnight milk. He has cows milk on his cereal etc.