Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Aug 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

An update on me!

Hi Ladies

Firsty I'm sorry I've not been on in a while! I've had a busy few months just one thing after another.
I will need to spend a day or so catching up on all the posts.

I'm not really sure where to start all this, I got my 6 month check from the HV at the end of Jan and she done the PND questionaire on me. According to her I was over the normal mark and she wanted me to see the doctor. Off I went and after a few appointments he told me I did have PND! I didnt feel as though I had and I still dont but he's the doctor so he must be right. I havent been on a downer when it comes to the girls but I have been really fed up with my other half so I am guessing thats where it all came from.
The doctor gave me medication but I never took it, I didnt want to depend on a drug to make me better.

So its been 3 months since they gave me the news and things at home half got better. I have to back to the doctor every month and each time I go my score is coming down on the "test" thing they do on me, hopefully after my next app (next week) I will be back within the normal score!!

Eilidh will be 3 next week! Time has gone by so quickly and Lucy will be 9 months on the 20th, she is such a happy baby, she never ever cries. She is doing all the normal things that babies do at 9 months, well apart from crawling but I dont think she's going too she's too lazy.

This was them a few weeks ago

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs484.snc3/26486_10150104005045085_901745084_11721802_828185_n.jpg

Replies

• Options
    Sorry to hear things have been a little bit stressed and strained, but glad thing are getting better. Its great that you have a HV who is so on the ball and there to make sure you get the correct kind of support. You are obviously handling things with a very positive attitude and despite what doctors say (there are lots in my family so feel at liberty to overide their considerable amounts of jargon and quite often bull***t lol) you know yourself better than they do. Your girls are beautiful, completely gorgeous.
    Much Love Jo xx
  • Options
    Great to see you back here! Sounds like you've been through it but things are getting brighter. Don't forget that you can vent your frustrations on the lovely August forum image Lovely pic of your gorgeous girls.
    H x
  • Options
    Hey Annem1982,

So glad you're feeling better. It does seem to be a bit of a taboo subject and it isn't talked about much. Like Jojo said, it's good you're HV is on the ball. Don't forget if you ever need to chat (or rant) we'll be here!

Your girls are lovely. Bet you're a very proud mummy!

Shell xx
  • Options
    Hello my dear....

Lovely to have you back.

So sorry to hear you've had a rough time but glad you're feeling better and sounding positive.

The girls are gorg - you must be very proud.

Speak soon

Lisa xxx
  • Options
    Thanks Ladies.

I am very much on the mend I actually never felt as though I did have PND but I suppose it can never really be proved!

Im back now still trying to catch up on everything thats been going on

xxx
  • Options
    Lovely pic hun glad your feeling better xxx
  • Options
    Glad your back and feeling better!
    A gorgeous pic of your girls, you must be so proud.

xxx
  • Options
    Aah, the girls look gorgeous!! Glad you are dealing with things in your own way and that you managed to do it your own way too! I have never had the test done, am I supposed to? I did one once that one of the girls posted on here and I was in the "good" bit, but have never been offered it by anyone round here! Oh well go figure! Anyway good for you love!!
    Lisa xx