Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Aug 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Need to make a decision...

Hi ladies

Hubby and I have been talking the last few nights about changing our decision to wait 3 yrs before ttc. The plan was to wait until our finances were back in order in case I need to give up work. I had the implant fitted to make sure we didn't get caught out (again!) Hubby thinks we should just go for it and have another one asap. We have everything a baby would need so won't be like starting again completely but I may have to drop hours or give up work.

He is right and you always spend what you have. We have about the same amount of money in the bank as we did as teenagers, just a more expensive lifestyle! Ha ha. Part of me wants to go for it but the other half is saying to wait. My SIL made a good point that if we want another baby for sure, then we should do it as I'm not getting any younger and it may not happen as quickly as the last 2 so may end up regretting my decision to wait.

My head hurts!!!

K xxx

Replies

• Options
    I think you'll understand when I say time is precious and there's no time like the present. Who knows what the future holds so why wait?
    If I were you I'd go for it now. I think your SIL has made a good point, you old fart, he he.

Live every day as if it's your last, don't waste time.

Shell
    xxx
  • Options
    Yes Shell you're right hun. We never know what's round the corner. Hope you're ok? Don't think there's ever a 'perfect' time is there? Just thinking if we do it soon, we can have them both together and then def will be our last and Hubby said hed pop off to the docs to do his duty. We can't leave it as big an age gap as the boys as I think AF will be non existent by then! Lol. As for old fart mrs, you're not far behind me...lol x
  • Options
    Kirsty as you know from my posts I'm umming and ahhing about timing too! Bless you Shell, these things really do put everything into perspective don't they? I really agree that there is no 'good time' and that you always spend however much money you have ... so I guess what I'm saying is go for it Xx
  • Options
    We we're ummming and ahhhing especially as there would be a little cost increase having 2 in nappies. we stopped looking at the logically side and thought about how the kids would interact ect. and decided after talking to friends with more than one child to have them closer together so that they would be into similar things at similar times but still be 2 school years apart so they have their own independance.

I'm now 13 +2 and very excited about our next addition.
  • Options
    Morning sweet -
    I think whether its your 1st or 3rd child there is never a perfect time to have a baby. There is always something in your life that will make you say - 'we'll just get that out of the way 1st'. Speaking from someone who didn't plan their previous pregnancy I know thats definately the case - but you know what you make it work and money isn't everything!
    I say go for it if you know you want another. We're starting to try in December - who knows how long it will take as I've never tried for a baby before. I'm worried about having a toddler and a baby and the financial implications but it'll all work itself out as I'd like them closeish in age.
    It sounds to me like you've made your decision and you need to get that implant out.
    Good Luck with the baby making - he he!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Hiya just read this & thought i'd chime in!

I would definitely say do whats in your heart not in your head image
    I'm currently 12 weeks pregnant and although i was terrified when i found out i'm now really excited. So looking forwards to having 2 close together. My husband and his sister are just 18 months apart and they're really close and always have been. Also his parents recommend it!

Good luck,

Laura (was loulou09 btw) x

Good luck
  • Options
    You talk like you are an old lady!!! LOL (you aren't are you??) xx
  • Options
    Hi ladies. Congrats to those who are pg already that's fab news image Kimmy I'm not an old lady as I'm (only) 32 - almost 33. Lol. Feel like one most of the time but the main reason I didn't want a big gap is because I was pg with my first at 18 so if I left it another 3 yrs I'd be 36 with my last which is an 18 year difference! My friend is 40 and due her 1st baby in March which is fab but she's had all those years to herself so I want to cap my child bearing years to the minimum! Lol.

Update at the moment is that we've decided to wait until xmas time to decide again. I'm back to teaching again and though I'm only 3 days, I'm struggling to keep up with my classes as I can only prep when trouble (jack) goes to bed. Brad has also started high school and is swamped with course work etc so finding keeping on top of a teenager and a one year old a mammoth task.

I need to decide whether I like the idea of being pg and the new baby excitement more than the reality of 3 kids at different ages and with very different needs. I have to admit tho if Jack had been my first baby, there would be no 2nd thoughts and would have been def ttc by now. Not sure whether I should count my blessings with the two I have or go for another. Sorry to be a pain in the backside but you always give good, balanced advice on here.

Will wait and see if santa brings me the strength to try for no.3 but good luck to those who are soon to be ttc. Xxx
  • Options
    Ah I see- fair enough!! Best of luck with your decision xx