Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Aug 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Anyone else hating Summer?

Maybe it is just me but i cant wait for autumn and winter, I'm too worried to take jack out in this hot weather so we are constantly stuck in!!
Do you think i am worrying too much? I do have sun hats and sun lotion for him but it is so hot out there i just dont want to take him out in it in case he gets too hot or burns but i would love to go out for a nice walk etc...

Are you taking your lo's out?

Shezza & Jack x

Replies

• Options
    Loads! Loving the sun! I just whack the factor 50 on and a sunhat and get out as much as poss. Spending loads of time in the garden and on big walks too. She gets a little rosy face but has never been sunburnt. So I say go for it! x
  • Options
    I have in the back of my mind been thinking i was being a bit over the top - it's just he has baby excema on his face and i have brought a special sun lotion for excema but it only goes up to factor 30 ... do you think that will be ok? x
  • Options
    i think i have been scaremongered by those stories of babies fitting if they get too hot so i have been staying in, do you think this just relates to young babies with fevers etc...
    Sorry i know i sound like a loon! x
  • Options
    Never in the house unless its pouring and even then it has to be torrential or its wellies and macs and out we go lol, were very outdoorsy, always in the garden, at the local sculpture park or open farm. I get terrible cabin fever if stuck inside. Slap on the lotion and a hat and get out too. I love been out in all weathers though to be honest and just love that cold november weather where you can see yourself breathe, your nose goes pink and there seems to be that odd burning leaves smell in the air yet the sun is bright and low hmmmmmmm...... oooo got lost in the moment then really need to get a life lol.
    Jo xxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    I agree jojo! I love all kinds of weather image
    Shezza when my mum looks after Roisin (which is every day when I'm at work) she puts factor 30 on her (as she prefers to use a spray) and she is absolutely fine. Plus the sun could be good for his excemaimage
    Have fun x
  • Options
    hey girlies ive not been around for a while!
    we're also out and about lots.... i love the sun but sometimes it has been too hot for me to be out walking!
    i also love all weathers! i love walk in terrential rain then coming home n getting my pjs on heeh!

i think factor 30 is fine just apply it every hour or hour n a half and put the hat on! even though cailey pulls it off!
    anyone use the asda essentials sun lotion for kids? i bought this and have used it a couple of times and its died caileys white socks with a yellow tinge and my tops from where ive lifted her!! it wont wash out! so not happy!

have fun out n about!
    xxx

xxx
  • Options
    No love it! Go out hun, try a little one first just round the block and see how you feel. He will be fine hun, and as the girls say it might even help his excema. I also have a small spray bottle which I put coll boiled water in, and I gently mist over Lily (and me!) and blow on her if she is really warm and she thinks it hysterical! x
  • Options
    I did it - we went out for a lovely walk to the park today and took Jack on the swings - he loved it. Silly me for not doing this before! lol
    Thanks guys xxx
  • Options
    Go shezza! All you want is the best for little Jack so you're not being silly at all, you still have planty of time to enjoy lots of fun in the sun. Roisin loves the swings too! However is still a bit stunned by slides! Xx
  • Options
    I think we should swap places shezza, we have had non stop rain ALL week. Get out and enjoy it I wish we were having good weather!!

Lisa xxx