Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Aug 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Party food?

It's coming up to that time when I need to start thinking of what food to have at Haiden's birthday party. We are doing a teddy bears picnic and also a barbeque. Here's what I have so far:

Sandwiches- cheese and ham
Cucumber and carrot sticks and humous
Mini sausage rolls
Pizza slices
Grapes
Bananas
Starwberries

And for the bbq:

Sausages
Burgers
Chicken
Salad
Potatoes

Any more suggestions? x

Replies

• Options
    For the picnic how about little cheeses and some crisps- the organix ones are nice. Isla loves pitta bread and houmous too.

I love kebabs on the bbq either pork or chicken with peppers and onions.
  • Options
    Jam sandwiches
    fruit kebabs (banana, strawberries, grapes and clementines)
    home made ice lollies with fruit smoothies or watered down fresh juice
    x x
  • Options
    fab ideas - I need lots of dairy free options for Harrison's party as i dont want him getting his hands on anything he shouldn't!!
    Need to think about sending invitations out soon and getting organised!!
  • Options
    fab ideas - I need lots of dairy free options for Harrison's party as i dont want him getting his hands on anything he shouldn't!!
    Need to think about sending invitations out soon and getting organised!!
  • Options
    I am also planning a teddy bears picnic, but after seeing the Gizzy Herskin thing on this morning today I quite like the idea of a Mad hatters Tea Party!

We are having babies 1-2:30, and then family & (childless) friends from 3pm.

For babies I am making;
    Pizza faces on english muffins -(easily done without cheese Lisa for H)
    Chicken & Apple bites
    Dippy Divers (hummous, yog & mint and tomato sauce and philly dips with various "divers")
    Sweet Potato wedges
    Ladybug Strawberries in melon flowers
    Shortbread buttons (with edible glitter! eeeeeh!)
    mini cupcakes for parents!
    I think I will plate these up as lunch for them to make life easier!

Doing a themed cake for this, obviously not sure what yet.

For later on;
    Prawn Rice Salad
    Pasta Arrabiata
    Tuna Pasta
    Bean Salad
    French Sticks
    platters of meat
    Hoummous and breadsticks
    Hot baby potatoes with mint, lemon and chives

big cupcakes- probably plain (with pink icing), lemon and blueberry
    We will have a proper cake on her birthday, again not sure what I will make yet, need to go and get some books from the library I think!
    BetsXxX
  • Options
    some good ideas here girls!
    we're having mostly family and a bbq!
    we're having a cake made!
    bets that all sounds fabby! i always forget about the library for this kid of thing!
    i need to be getting invites sorted too mrs N!
    xxx
  • Options
    Sorry to crash, i haven't been on here for soo long! Had to add that I ordered some lovely teddy bears picnic invitations on eBay! They look great and you can have printed on them what you want, they are little glossy note cards! Hope your all well xx
  • Options
    Ooo, fab ideas!!I might steal a bit of everybodys! lol
    We are having a cake made for Lily in the shape of a present. We are also having it picnic style for the lo's and then "adult" food, we are having it at my sisters house as she has a big garden and lots of toys for the older kids, trampolines and stuff. Need to get my bum in gear really - I feel a list coming on!! x
  • Options
    Me too Georgie- I wonder if they are the same ones! They are like on photo paper and have a little pic of LO in the bottom right corner x
  • Options
    No kimmy, mine don't have a photo but very cute all the same x