Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Aug 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Am I too late to join you?

Hi,
I have only just found this website and noticed the forums. Seems like a happy, helpful place.
I have an 11 week old, norn in August. Now you all seem to know each other so is it a bit late to join!?
Would love to share worries/lovely moments with other mums who can appreciate them! (don't want to completely bore my 'real life' friends!)
Bit of background - I have PCOS, took us 2 years, metformin and clomid to concieve our wonderful little boy. Had to have a c section at 37 weeks due to pre enclampsia.
Now our LO is here I have been on cloud nine and just can't believe how lucky we are after all our worries about him. It has been amazing watching him grow form a tiny scrunched up, froggy newborn to the big 14 ib boy he is now. Just so excited about everything to come (well maybe not the teething!). xx:\)

Replies

• Options
    Hi hun. Welcome to the forum....shame you missed out on the 'due August' discussions as we all had so much more time to chat. Congratulations on the birth of your little one and feel free to ask for any advice or offer any as we all help each other along.

I'm Kirsty by the way and proud mam to Brad who's 12 and Jack Owen who's also 11 weeks. What date was your little boy born? x
  • Options
    Hi Kirsty
    Congratulations on your little one too! Thanks for the welcome.
    I noticed all the due in forums, would have had soo much more time but I am a complete worrier so would probably never have been off the forum!
    If I am lucky enough to have another will def join in time.
    My little boy was born on 25th August. but was due on 19th September. Not good for the school year but lovely for him to have a summer birthday.
  • Options
    Hi and welcome its never too late to share stories and as they say a problem shared is a problem halved. The more the merrier.

I'm Kirsten and I have two boys Alex is 9 and Joe is 12 weeks today. I'm also a worrier and I was really concerned about Joe being born in August but now i'm not bothered.

Looking forward to chating with you.

Kirsten
  • Options
    Hiya, and welcome

I'm Kimberley, and mum to Haiden Elise, my beautiful little girl who was due on 6th August but born a week early on 30th July. I have stuck with the August girls though, and I can't wait to do it all again. We all have to syncronise our BDing!!

Where are you from? We are hoping to arrange meet ups x

• Options
    Hi there! I'm Helen, 27, first time Mum to Roisin, 13 weeks today. I only joined the 'due in August' crew in June and everyone was very friendly and welcoming x
  • Options
    Hi,

Since you're on the topic - my baby (Daniel) was born on Aug 31st (I spent my pregnancy with the due in Sept mummies) so I lurk around Aug quite a lot as it's interesting to see where you're all at and what the next stage is for us. I live near manchester. I'm a born worrier too but Daniel seems quite chilled which he must get from daddy!

K x
  • Options
    Hi,
    Its never too late, i only joined in June too and everyone is so welcoming and helpful. I was obsessed with BE when pregnant but lacking in time now so not on as much.
    I'm Laura and first time mum to Roxy, 11 weeks today born 1st September (due 27th Aug) x