Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Aug 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

hello again!

Well its been such a long time since I have spoken to anyone on here! Ive just been enjoying being a mummy so much.... she keeps me very busy!
I hope everyone and their lil ones are keeping well!

Just wanted to say hi again before posting on anything, didnt want to be ignorant!

Please update me on whats been happening with you all! Gosh Ive missed this place!

My little girl Cailey, is now 25wks and shes such a great baby! Well not so much a baby now..... she weighs 24lb and is 73cm so shes a big girl! She is now sleeping in her own room, and is doing great with weaning! She really enjoys her food! She now has a tooth, and is sitting for a few mins by herself!

As for me, Im back to work in 2 weeks....... where has the time gone? Im looking forward to going back, but dreading not being with my princess! However Im sure she will enjoy the time spent with her daddy! I can just imagine what they will be up to! haha

Looking forward to catching up with you all again..... image

xxxxxxxxx

Replies

• Options
    Hiya SweetAsSugar!

Nice to hear from you. Glad that your little family is doing great, sounds like you've done a fab job. 24lb, she's certainly thriving isn't she!

My Alfie is enjoying his food too. We started weaning early and we're just moving onto lumpier stuff now although he keeps trying to spit the little lumps out, the monkey! He's almost 20lb but I'm not sure on his length although on previous measurements he was on the 91st centile on the size charts so he is long!
    He hasn't yet got any teeth but has shown signs of teething. He can't sit up unaided yet but he's constantly trying to sit upright, he just can't hold the position once he's there. I am a little suspicious though that he slumps forward on purpose because he likes nothing more than to stick his toes in his mouth!

I don't go back to work until 24th May. I worked as late as i could into my pregnancy. I think I finished a couple of week before he was born, just so I had more time afterwards with him. We can just about afford for me to have 9months off on mat leave and I'm taking full advantage image

Shell xx
  • Options
    Hey Shell,
    Alfie sounds like a right little character! hehe its so funny when they try pulling themselves up isnt it? And putting his toes in his mouth.... wow, cailey aint done that yet! She is most definately thriving though!

xxx
  • Options
    hey sugar - glad you and baby are well.

Bebe and I are really well. She was 5mths on the 8th of Feb (23 weeks this tuesday). Time is flying!

We go to a baby group every morning and then see my mum and dad every afternoon.

Bebe loves her jumoeroo and seems to discover new things on it every day haha..

Bebe's fav TV programme is Waybuloo....its the only one that keeps her attention - shame bcos i love Timmy Time lol.

She wants to stand all the time - but obviously cant by herself.

She hates 'tummy time' onthe matt - but she can roll over.

She cant sit unaided but always wants to sit bolt upright - so i have a bad back always bending over lol.

She has been saying 'mumm' - Daddy is distraught lol.

She is a bad sleeper lol....her day naps are fine but she has NEVER slept longer than 3 hours in the night without wanting a breast feed. She is still in my bed - but thats more me being lazy than her lol...

I feed every 2 hours in the day and the last three weeks she had been draining two breasts per 2 hours.....so we started weaning. She loves butternut Sq and carrot but not so keen on sweet potatoe.

Starting to puree up apple and pear and peach today - i bet she'll love them!!

She has taken well to a bottle - considering she has never had one and she likes to have water in it not juice mixture lol. She aso uses a sip cup but i chokes her a little as it comes out really quickly...so we dont tend to give it to her.

I will not be returning to work - so will have to hand in my notice in july.

Bebe weighed in at just under 15Ib about three weeks ago.

No teeth and not really any bad teething days - one shot of calpol does the trick usually.

errrmmm cant think of anything else lol.

I am loving breast feeding - its sooo easy - and i love the fact it has helped me loose 3st 7Ib ...and still eat cake!!!

love xxxx K & B

• Options
    Hi hun long time no speak! Time flies by doesn't it? Pleased Cailey is doing well and she's still a good eater like Jack. ha ha. I haven't had Jack weighed for a few weeks but was 19lb 2oz then so will be tipping the scales next time we go.

He's onto 2 meals per day and has cut down to 4 bottles per day now. Thank god! Still in our room but fills his crib so he's going in his own room very shortly. He sleeps at least 11 hours per night and in such a good routine, we've been putting off for weeks but he has no space to move so looks like it's sooner rather than later image

He has 2 teeth already and is teething loads but only one disturbed sleep so we cant complain. He has a lovely nature and is very smiley and sociable. (just like his mammy) lol Think that's all I can think of so take care and speak soon

K xxx
  • Options
    Hi Sugar, Roisin turned 6 months on Valentine's Day and is doing really well, she's a really happy little girl nowadays. She's nearly 17lb (not a patch on Cailey!) - she's slim and long, longer than all the other babas of her age at the children's centre. She's on 2 meals a day and I think I'm about to move her to three, in the last couple of weeks she's gone from fussy eater (on both bottle and breast) to absolutely ravenous!

She's almost sitting up and is very nosey and constantly grabbing EVERYTHING! She can roll from front to back but has never rolled from back to front and doesn't seem to want to - hates tummy time ... often gets up on her side and swivels herself around though to have a good nosey all around the room!

She's been sleeping through from 4 months, 12 hours a night (7-7) and will sleep a good 2-3 hours in the day. I am very happy to announce that SHE SELF-SETTLES! Has done for a month now. Pure bliss. Glad your little lady is doing so well.

Helen x