Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Aug 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Lilys Leg update!

Hi everyone,
Just thought I would fill you in with the latest on Lilys leg. As you may remember we went to the hospital and she had an xray done, which initially the doctor couldn't see anything on and we had to wait for the report - well we are still waiting! I have had a letter from the hospital which is basically a summary of what happened and what was said at the appointment and thats it.
However, like most of the August babies Lily is now crawling and cruising, she does lots of holding our finger walking but not on her own yet. Obviously I have been keeping an eye on her legs and often put them together and check - well the gap is decreasing!!!!! It has gone from approx 1cm to about 1mm image I am amazed! My sister did say to me before the hospital that she thought once Lily was moblie it would sort itself out, but I thought she was just trying to make light of it so that I didnt worry so much, but it has!! Doing more research on this, apparently babies muscles and tendons can develop at different rates, particularly in their legs, so when she become more mobile they have stretched out and now "caught up" with each other! We have the next appointment at the hospital on the 6th August, and he may just be discharging us - woo hoo!!! Am soooooooo pleased!!!!!
Lisa & Lily xx

Replies

• Options
    Aww that's great news and must be such a relief to rule out anything serious. Shame you still don't have anything concrete from the hospital, but hopefully next month they will be discharging you anyway.
    Best Wishes
    Jo xx
  • Options
    ahhh such brill news hun!!!
    fingers crossed they will be discharging you in aug!! will be such a worry lifted from you!

also good to know about the tendosn and muscles develop differently! cailey is still not crawling or shufflings or even taking her own weight! she puts her feet up when shes in the walker!

so pleased for you and lily hun!

xxxx
  • Options
    thats great news. i was just wondering what happened theother day. glad its all looking good x
  • Options
    Super news!
    That'll be a weight off your mind that it seems to be rectifying itself. Bet you're chuffed to bits.
    Go Lily!

Shell xx
  • Options
    Thats absolutely fantastic news, im so delighted for you and especiallly for Lilly image
    What a relief

Lisa xxx
  • Options
    How wonderful Lisa! I have been thinking about her too. What a brilliant outcome. Fingers crossed for the discharge, sounds like it'll happen xxx
  • Options
    Thanks girls, am so relieved tbh. Roll on 6th August image

Lisa & Lily xx
  • Options
    That's fab news, good on Lily!

My friends little buy had a similar issue with his arms, it was called a waiters tip, and that has cleared up completely now he is 3, he had a bit of physio on it between 1 & 2 but all is well, as I am sure it will be for Lily!

Bets XxX