Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Aug 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Any ones baby keep looking to the left

Hi My baby is 6 weeks old and is always looking to the left.When i pick her up after sleeping she looks to the left the mother in law pick up on this. Iam getting worried and think somethink is not right thinking shall I make a Doc appointment. Iam also breast feeding on my Left breast which makes the baby face me on her right so I can not even blame that,Also when she is in her cot she is faceing the room to see our face.:\(

Replies

• Options
    James is eight weeks old and always tends to look to the right! He has also started to get a bit of a flat head that side, I spoke to the HV and she said to alternate the side that I hold him and when he is asleep during the day to put a rolled up muslin cloth by his right side so that he doesnt face that way.

She also checked that he could look both sides by rattling toys and he could so that was good. I think they just have a preferred side sometimes xx
  • Options
    My Bertie is the same, he has a winnie the poo lights thing on the left hand side of his cot but he always looks at the right hand side where the mobile is screwewd to the slats. I keep trying to get his to look to the left at the lights thingy but he wont - I mean whats so fascinating with a big white plastic screw thingy anyway!

Im sure if there was anything wrong with your baby the health visitor would have picked it up or it will be picked up at 6wk check. If you are really concerned get it checked out but im sure it fine.

Gxx
  • Options
    My friends baby did this and ended up with quite serious flat head on one side. The doctor advised that they should place him on his other side whenever they lay him down but he still rolled over. They were talking about getting a special helmit made to help shape his head. Luckily they persavered and it eventually began to correct itsself as he grew older. When he started crawling it was much better as didn't have all this pressure all of the time.

He is two now and you can still see it a little bit but only if you know it was there.