Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Aug 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Last bit of baby weight

Also posted in baby....

I have about a stone I want to get rid of, but I need lunch (to take to work), snack and dinner ideas please girls

I always have wholemeal toast with marmite for breakfast so I think I will start using Clover light for this instead of normal spread

I don't like eggs, mushrooms, or fresh tomatoes, and working full time then having Haiden in the evenings I don't have much time, which I'm sure you all understand!

Can anyone suggest any simple ideas please? xx

Replies

• Options
    Hi Kimmy, I have just got rid of my last stone of baby weight, it took 7 weeks and was actually quite easy. I joined a slimming club cos I find that helps me, but the the diet itself is really easy to follow.
    A typical day for me is:
    Hot water with slices of lemon

Breakfast: 2 poached/scrambled/boiled eggs with one slice wholemeal toast (no spread cos I dont really bother with it anyway but a low fat one would be fine)
    OR
    30g porridge with a sliced banana and 1 tsp honey. Made with skimmed milk.

Snack: Fat free yogurt or piece of fruit

Lunch: Baked beans (surprisingly a good diet food cos theyre low GI) with one slice of toast
    OR
    Large plate of salad (lettuce, cucumber, tomato, sweetcorn, chickpeas, beetroot, pickled onions, spring onions) extra light mayo or sweet chilli sauce and ham or tuna or chicken.
    OR Tuna salad wrap

Snack: Fruit/ yogurt, a mug of chocolate options

Dinner: Chicken or prawn stir fry, with noodles. OR Curry made with 2 tbsp curry paste and can of tomatoes 60grams of rice (uncooked rice)

I have a pint of water with breakfast lunch and dinner to help me feel full.

Best of luck, hope that helps image
  • Options
    No magic recipes yet hun but I'm joining slimming world on wed night. I lost 18lb for my wedding on that and I found it really easy because you don't measure the portions (hooray!) I lurve my food so need something where I can still eat what I call proper food.

Will see what there is and post after wednesday x
  • Options
    I just cut down on carns when I want to shift some pounds - dont cut them out but be careful with them.
    Sw or WW is a good one - you can do it online if you dont have time to join.
    loads of salads in this weather too!
  • Options
    I would find the carbs thing sooo difficult, I love my bread and pasta!

Kirsty, definitely interested to hear how you get on at SW- make sure you let us know!

Lisa- eggs are bleeuurgghhh! Can you think of anything else that might work on toast? The menu is really helpful, thank you!

I have had wholemeal toast with Marmite for breakfast, salad leaves, cucumber, red peppers, ryvita and cheese for lunch (low fat cheese) and bougt steak for dinner which I will (sadly) be cutting the fat off of. It is big so might save some to go with my salad tomorrow lunch

I have had chocolate too- I figure if it is in my cupboard I had better finish it! xxx
  • Options
    do you like tuna? I love tuna melt. Trying to think what else you could put on toast, my fave is cheese and thats not a great diet food lol. I cant stand sardines or kippers but my mum sometimes has those.
    Banana maybe or pureed strawberries instead of jam.
    oh, and turkey rashers.