Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Aug 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

'Doing it!!'

Hey ladies

How is everyone? We are doing fine, well 'ok' i think! Seem to be getting organised and a bit of routine going on. Lily is fast asleep so making the most of the time, i have had a tidy round and had my dinner.

Has anyone 'done the deed' yet? Since giving birth? I really want to but still feel a little tender and dont want to make things worse down there after stitches......is it too soon 3 weeks on or am i being silly?

xxx

Replies

• Options
    Hi hun -

Glad things are going well for you and Lily.

I've not done the deed yet and wont be for a few weeks yet as still worried about my section wound plus I'm too knackered right now!!

Hubby doesn't want to do it with harrison in the room!!!

Its not too soon if you feel ready - do what feels right for you hun.
    I've just started taking the mini-pill so want to wait til thats in my system first anyway.

Lisa xx
  • Options
    Hi Lisa

aww bless your hubby! I hadn't really thought about that, don't suppose Lily will be looking anyway haha!

I need to wait for my proper period so i can start taking my pill again.

Im scared it will hurt but i do want to...maybe anohter week or so to be sure

How is little Harrison?x
  • Options
    we tried after about 3 and a half weeks but it was too painful, havent tried since but hopefully soon!!!
  • Options
    thats what i think Lisa, bet its too painful, poor hubby hasnt had it for ages! lol
  • Options
    Just take it slow and see how far you can comfortably get, we did it after 5 days, and if Isabelle hadn't decided that our bed is bigger and better than hers we would be more than back to normal!

I was really worried as I had a tear in a more delicate place than most, but it has healed really well and I seem to have a high pain threshold, it's still not perfect but I don't think it ever will be but I don't want anything doing because of where it is as I think it would be worse!

I am having my implant re-fitted next Thurs, luckily Paul used to work at the hospital and knew the receptionist on family planning so I got a docs appointment straight away, everyone else was told 10th Nov was earliest available! see, it is definately who you know sometimes!

Bets XxX
  • Options
    We had non penatrive sex at about 2 weeks and then we took it really slow and gentle at 3 weeks. It was lovely, this is my second and I had no stitches or tears though. I would agree, its when you feel right. With my first it was well after my 6 week check x x x x
  • Options
    i had internal tear so i am scared!! xx
  • Options
    i had a large cut and a fair few stitches but ive never been sore down there or had trouble with the toilet but i havent been brave enough to try yet! poor hubby lol
    hopefully soon.... and to be honest bedtime these days is defo for sleeping lol
    xxx
  • Options
    Hello! We did it at 10 days and just took it really slow and gentle. I didn't have any tears or anything and I enjoyed feeling that closeness with hubby again. Although we "did it" right through pregnancy I was a bit weirded out by it once you could feel baby moving in your tum so it was good to feel like it was just us again with no 3rd party!
  • Options
    I'm scared to do it! We haven't yet and Haiden is 8 weeks (and we didn't do it for ages before she was born either- poor H2B!) x
  • Options
    we did it 2 weeks after when i thought i had stopped bleeding! had to stop in the middle though as it felt like my waters had broke again (although it wasnt my waters! sorry waaay tmi!). so that kinda scarred us both until about 5 weeks! it was lovely when we did it then. was so nice to be close to him again without havin a huge bump in the way hehe or the "get off me" feelin lol. poor hubby xx
  • Options
    We did after 3 weeks. I had stiches and a second degree tear but it was fine.

Did feel a bit different though which was strange, but encouraged me to keep going with those pelvic exercises lol

• Options
    tried again last night, nearly 6 weeks after and OMG still really sore. Getting a little worried that maybe i've been stitched up wrong or something image Attempt was unsuccessful and I even bled a little. Think i'll ask about it in baby tomorrow.
  • Options
    Hubby & I did the deed last night, 5 weeks after my section. I was a little tense at first expecting it to hurt but it was fine. We took it slow & gentle but as we hadn't done it in months (my libido was non existent during pregnancy), it was over in a flash! ha ha.

Shell xx