Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Aug 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Anyone else making a time capsule on LO 1st birthday??

Hi all, title says it all really, we are planning on making a time capsule for George to open on his 18th or maybe 21st birthday. I wondered if anyone else is going to.

So far we are going to pt a CD of some short video clips from his first birthday party and messages from us and family( idea nabbed from Ross & Rachel!) , some photos, a newspaper from the day, possibly an item of clothing, any other ideas??

We havent decided where we are going to bury it yet but we are currently building a house so we might bury it there somewhere!

Hope you are all getting excite about your LOs 1st birthdays!

Claire xx

Replies

• Options
    Hiya Claire,

We've got a keepsake box that we've had since Alfie was born. We weren't planning on burying it but it the same principle as what you're doing.
    We started it when he was born and we have a book in it which mentions all different milestones with dates it happened and can hold photos and you write in stuff like what was the number one chart song when he was born etc. We've put in a newspaper from the day he was born, his name tag from when in hospital and his first ever prescription (was for oral thrush, doubt he'll forgive me for that). I'm waiting for his hair to get a little bit longer too so he can have his first haircut and it'll be long enough to keep a lock of hair. I think we'll put in a CD of videos too, definitely the 'raspberry blowing' one! Scan pictures are in there too as well as a tiny bodysuit. Once he's grown out of his first proper pair of shoes, they'll probably go in too.

Shell xx
  • Options
    hey ladies.... we also have the same kinda thing that we've been doing since cailey was born.... a newspaper from the day of her birth, hospital tags, we have a my first 5 years memory book, scan pics, we also have a set of uncirculated coins from 2009, foot and hand prints. we will just keep adding to it over the years, first shoes, lock of hair, maybe a little note from the tooth fairy when she loses her first tooth, and her favourite toy caterpillar when she outgrows it!
    we have never taken any videos of cailey yet...... and i feel so awful for it! our phones are rubbish and we've not long borrowed my mums camcorder, so we will video her 1st birthday party!

xxxx