Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Aug 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Hair loss!!

I expected this after having had my baby but not to the extent where I block the plughole daily!

I haven't got any bald/thin patches but it's falling out in handfuls. It looks fine but due to the amount of hair coming out I'm sure I should have bald bits! I must've retained loads of hair whilst pregnant.

Anyone else got this?

Shell xx

Replies

• Options
    Yes i'm losing hair faster than a molting dog! The only time I have thick hair is when I'm pregnant. It's so depressing, everyday it just seems to clog up the sink and my hairbrushes (yuk!) Hopefully it will settle down soon.

Cat xxx
  • Options
    Me to - I'm losing so much hair constantly! Started about 3 or 4 weeks ago & it's clogging up the plug hole daily :\( I'd forgotten this is suppose to happen. Just hope it doesn't cause bald patches!

xx
  • Options
    Mine is falling out at an alarming rate! I keep finding clumps of it in the washing machine. My hair has gone really dry and urgh too, anyone elses?
  • Options
    Mine is falling out at an alarming rate! I keep finding clumps of it in the washing machine. My hair has gone really dry and urgh too, anyone elses?
  • Options
    I find mine in the plughole and wrapped around the hoover roller! Luckily I've got stacks of hair so haven't missed any but I do think it's normal. Not sure when it stops falling out?

K x
  • Options
    Yep, me too, surprised I have any left. Plus Holly has started grabbing my hair now so losing even more!!
  • Options
    Mine came out in handfulls daily from 14 to 20 weeks but thankfully seems to have stopped now and I'm still left with a full head of hair thank god. Hopefully for those of you still malting it won't last too much longer. xxx
  • Options
    Loads of loss, and if I wear it tied back you can really tell, I have never been able to wrap a bobble round three times and now I can. Hope it stops soon but this has been going on for weeks.

My hairdresser has cut loads of layers in to try and keep the weight even at the back, but it seems to have stopped growing too!

I leave a right mess on the pillow, and as it is so dark you can see it everywhere!

Bets XxX
  • Options
    Glad I'm not the only one. Hopefully it will stop soon eh?

Shell xx
  • Options
    Me too! Mine is coming out thick and fast! My plughole is constantly blocked up!
    Really hope it stops soon. My hair seems really brittle and dry aswell, it was lovely and thick and glossy when I was pregnant! Oh how time changes things!
    xxx