Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Aug 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Can I join?

Can I join you guys? I got my BFP yesterday (arrgghhhh so excited and in a state of joyful disbelief!) Judging by my dates I should be due 19th August (yet to be confirmed)

I had a MC in August after 2 months of scans, apts, blood tests so hoping for a calm enjoyably first trimester this time! I am planning to see the doc next week to get an early EPU scan v early in the new year (unless we can get it before).

Have very few symptoms so far but I do have a few, a little teary (ok a lot!) constant discharge (sorry for TMI but it was my first clue I was PG!), always hungry, not sleeping properly but being tired :evil:

Can't believe I am here... so excited and looking forward to 'meeting' you all image

CeeLou x

Replies

• Options
    Congratulations on your BFP!!

So sorry to hear about your mc - i had one in October (got this BFP straight away!) at 6 weeks and know exactly how you feel wanting it to be straightforward this time. I was back and fore to the hospital for blood tests, scans etc which was such a palaver!

Definately recommend an early scan - i had one Friday at 6 weeks and it was so reassuring to see the little heartbeat flickering away. I had early scans with DD cuz of mc again and they really do help!

Look forward to getting to know you too!!

SF xxx
  • Options
    Hi SF,

I'm so sorry for you MC too image Did your GP/EPu provide the early scan? I will be 6 weeks (I think) on xmas day so hoping for a scan between xmas and new year if possible. I am already a little anxious - it must have been AmAzInG to see the fluttery heart image

Looking forward to getting to know you too.

CeeLou xx
  • Options
    Sorry for such a late reply CeeLou - been up to my eyes packing to move house this weekend!

Yea, it was EPU who scanned me because of what had happened last time - it just puts your mind at rest for a bit! Cuz i had low progesterone with the previous mc, i've been using progesterone cream and am taking aspirin again (like with DD) - it may all me a placebo but it makes me feel like i'm doing everything i can this time!!

Good luck sorting your scan!

SF xxx