Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Aug 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Whispering hello

Hi, I got my bfp on Christmas day. My last period started on 26th November so I think I'm due end of August/ start of September. I've been ttc for 10 months before I got my bfp. I'm going to try and get a doctors apt tomorrow. This is my first baby and I'm really anxious about the first few weeks. I told my immediate family because they would have guessed anyway.

I just wondered what everyone else's experiences have been? It still doesn't seem real. DH and I are so happy but don't think we can really start to look forward to it until we've reached the 12 week point.

How have you all changed your lifestyles? What happens when you see your gp? I'm starting to get to grips with what food I can't eat and avoiding alcohol hasn't been a problem because I'm so excited!

Thanks x

Replies

• Options
    Congratulations! What a wonderful Christmas present. I was six weeks on Friday and it still doesn't feel real! I'm quite worried about everything not turning out as I want it to and I wish I could fast forward the next 6 weeks!

As for the doctor: my GP spoke to me on the phone, but said I didn't need to go in (was a bit sad!). She said she would write the referral for the nearest maternity hospital and I would next hear from them. Hope it's soon!

As for changing my lifestyle, I've just cut out alcohol and am avoiding the 'danger' foods. Trying to chill as much as possible while I'm off work.

Congratulations again and I look forward to getting to know you.

Nic xx
  • Options
    Hello! And congratulations, what a wonderful Christmas present. It's normal for your GP to not do anything but the referral, the midwife will see you around 9 weeks and you should have a scan between 11 and 14 weeks ish. The midwife will book you in, take your blood pressure and do a urine test as well as go through your medical history.

All the best, look forward to getting to know you x
  • Options
    Thanks for your replies ladies. It's nice to get an idea of what to expect from others who have been through the same thing.

I must admit I've already gone out and bought a pregnancy book which looks pretty good. It's called my pregnancy bible.

Think I'm going to do a bit of research and get a list of the danger foods and might plan my meals in advance.

Thanks again xx