Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Aug 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Spent all night in A&E :(

Hello all,

Am absolutely knackered this morning as have spent all night at the hospital gettina home at 6am with awful upper gastro pains. All throughout this pregnancy i have had the worst acid reflux/indigestion whatever it is but twice in 2 nights i've been in absolute agony meaning that last night out of sheer desperation i went to A&E. I've been given some more omeraprazole which i have been given before which is apparently ok in pregnancy. Still got stomach pains although a bit better but just generally feeling terrible especially as had to sit in A&E for 4 hours alone as my husband took my 3 year old home. DS is doing a good job of looking after me this morning - although his idea of chocolate therapy isn't ideal! Just feeling really ill and fed up, had none of this with first pregnancy, really hope its all gonna be ok and things improve image

Sorry for the rant, hope everyone else is feeling a little better!! xx

Replies

• Options
    Oh no, Essexmummy. Hope that your meds help. Try and get some rest today.

Hugs,

• Options
    G/C but I too found my 2nd pregnancy a 'rougher' ride than the first. It will pass, or perhaps more apt you'll get used to the difference. Don't be surprised if baby emerges with a healthy head of hair. Best wishes & ask LO to find you some ICE, great for both hunger & hydration.
  • Options
    You poor thing!! My sickness is nowhere near that bad, bu I am finding warm drinks helpful...

Feel better soon

CeeLou xx
  • Options
    Awww, thank you ladies, its good to know i'm not alone and hanging onto the fact that it won't last! Feeling much better after some sleep. Had a thing about crunching ice last time so might give that a go. Thanks girls xxx
  • Options
    Poor you! What a horrible thing, really hope you feel better soon.

PS I'm in Essex too. X
  • Options
    ewwwe... not nice poor u. I've been on omeprazole as I got a stomach ulcer when younger, too much spicey food and wine I think! Hopefully you'll feel right as rain in a few days xx
  • Options
    poor you! I hope these symptoms ease off for you shortly. Just try and relax the best you can!

xxx