Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Aug 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Bleeding and cramps - also in pregnancy forum

im ment to be 5+2 weeks, this morning got pinky/brown bleeding, tryed for hours to get through to midwife only way got throught was to go through nhs24! they say unless it gets read and the pain gets worse then it will probs just be implantation bleeding?? i dunno what to think, never had this in previous pregnancies, any1 else had this? they said they cant scan me as too early, but have booked me in for wednesday (6weeks exact) for a scan, aggh my mind is doing over time!

Replies

• Options
    You poor thing - so stressful! Does your hospital have an Early Pregnancy Unit? You can usually self refer? If not your GP can refer you - you could try that to see if they will scan you sooner?

Good luck - keep us posted.

CeeLou x
  • Options
    don't want to R&R, just want to say hope everything is ok xx
  • Options
    Hi, Ive heard that there is no point in having a scan until you are 6 weeks because it is unlikely that they will be able to see anything before then. Ive read that as long as its not fresh red blood and the blood doesn't get worse then you probably have nothing to worry about and also about one third of pregnant women will experience some bleeding. I know its easier said thn one but please try not to worry. I hope everything turns out ok for you x
  • Options
    Hi, I had the same as you & it was implantation bleeding so I'm sure you'll be fine. Plenty of rest and try your hardest not to worry.
  • Options
    Hiya hun,

I had bleeding at about 5 and half wks and again at 7 with last pg (which was with my 2nd child). I was worried sick and went to an Early pregnancy unit. I guess the only prob with early scans is, is that the heart only starts beating from about wk 6 I think. I kept rushing to the hospital and dr's and the scans were fine the bleeding was for only a cpl of hours each time... but it scared the jeebs out of me. The thing I found was medical staff are quite black and white at such an early stage and say if it's going to happen it will happen. I felt like nobody was that interested until I reached the 12wk scan. I think a lot of these ppl get desensitized to the fact that they're dealing with vulnerable, sensitive women and that another miscarriage on their books is no way the same for the woman who was expecting. They do nothing for our anxiety levels!

Please try not to let your mind go into overdrive. We all experience period cramps when implantation happens... it could also be bleeding from the placenta being in a specific position. Try and keep positive... my friend has 3 boys and bled all the way through with 2 of them. Got everything crossed for you, let us know how it goes xx
  • Options
    Aaaw lisabbyuk, I hope you're ok and not stressing too much. Smoochiegal gave good advice and I hope everything's ok with the bean. Keep us posted won't you hun x
  • Options
    Hope everything is ok, sounds like implantation bleeding to me too but I can imagine how worried you are. X