Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in August 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

last night at bedtime

Izzy was a complete nightmare and i was in tears. She had her usual routine which is fed,bath,growbag,fed,bed but was refusing to go to sleep. I had a tummy upset but plodded on all day.Her dad was on nights so it was just me for some part of the day.I managed to have an hour sleep in the day which gave me more strenght for her strange mood at bed time. I BF her and got her to sleep 4 times which made me really sore which reduced me to tears. She then woke up 15 minutes later crying. I left her to cry for a bit because i knew she wasnt hungry, needed winding,changing and all the other checks and she eventually went off. It wasnt a proper cry she was doing so i knew she was tired. Basically from 7pm it took me nearly 2 hrs to get her to sleep. I think she did have a little of what i had during the day and was dreading my night with her but as it happens she slept from 9.30pm-4am then 4am- 7am.

Ive fell into the habit of breast feeding her to sleep and i really dont know how ive done it but i guess when she cries i never know if she is hungry so i feed her and then she falls asleep.She also wont accept a dummy but i keep trying her with one but she spits it out. Because i feel poorly everything seems 100 times worse.I do feel alone with the sleeping issue because she wont go to hubby at all at night. I tried to rock her to sleep but she gets into a state. On a positive,there have been times when i can put her in the cot and she self settles but other times she wont do it.

No need to reply really. I just feel better getting off my chest lol

Replies

• Options
    Bless you! I dread being sick with lo to look after. Jason went through a phase of exactly what you describe about 3 weeks ago and it lasted more than 2 weeks. I was beside myself and in tears every night. I just dreaded bedtimes so much. In the end I started swaddling him and bought a light show from ELC for his cot and followed the baby whisperer shush pat tecnique and within 3 nights he was back to his old self again. Phew! So you have my sympathies and I hope it was a one off for you.
  • Options
    Hiya.

Thanks faithie. It happened again last night but she cried for 5 minutes and fell asleep. It just seems to be the initial dropping off because if she wakes up an hour later she drops back off no problem.

The little madam....lol
  • Options
    hun have you tried swaddling? Ruby~Rae is bottle fed so this might make a difference but about 2 weeks ago I swaddled her one night as she likes to flail her arms aroound quite wilding and slaps herself in the face! crazy child!

So I swaddled her and ever since I've done it every night and she has slept through from about 9.30pm till between 8.30am-9.30am every single night I've done it!
  • Options
    Swaddling changed my life! Jason has crazy arms too lol! They really get in a flap and freak him out! He sleeps so much better now.