Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in August 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Feeling a failure today :-(

Ugh I am so tired.

Sophie was poorly over xmas as was Ben and me and the hubby.

Ever since then our whole routine has been out of synch and I don't know if I'm coming or going.

We moved her into her cot last week and she wakes up frequently because she rols over to sleep on her front and then gets stuck (even though during the day she can easily roll from front to back)!

She had her jabs yesterday and didn't seem too bad but today she's been grizzly all day and has only slept for about 1 hour since waking at 6am.

It was nearly 11 o'clock before I got myself dressed today and I haven't even managed to do the washing up yet.

Argghhhhhhhhh!!

Starting to feel better just by writing it all down!

Vic xx

Replies

• Options
    Oh honey!!! Sorry you are feeling poop!!! Don't worry about all the housework, do it when you are a bit more on top of things!!! I felt like utter crap today- I went to the gym on Tuesday and worked myself way too hard because I feel so crap about being overweight now-it took me until today to recover!! Sophia was crying yesterday and all I could do was sit and cry with her!!! You will get your routine back when you've had some rest and a good meal- can anyone help out so you catch up with yourself? Take care hun!!! xxxx
  • Options
    I feel totally the same today. I was in tears all morning. Jason still has only slept through once or twice and has been up constantly looking to have his dummy put back in. So we took the dummy away and he was doing great till last night. He woke up and wanted it and we had a mexican stand off but after 3 hours of crying I gave in. Then we were back to the waking every half an hour all night long. I feel so shit that I let him cry that long and also that I gave in and that I can't help my baby have a good night sleep. You just can't bloody win as a mum. Tomorrow will be better and you're not alone!
  • Options
    awww glad im not the only one ! sorry your feeling like this but we have been the same , since xmas routine has gone out of the window

Jake hasnt slept properly since new years day and has been in bed with us since , im so tired on a morning i cant get him up at 8am as i was before its 9am before we get up which means i just cant get him back to going to sleep on a night

he is teething which is difficult but i still keep thinking its my fault and that if i tried harder i could get him back into a routine

why do we blame ourselves for everything ...........

hope you feel better tomorrow ! things will just click back into place i am sure xxx
  • Options
    Don't worry, things will settle back into a routine eventually. And don't worry about not being dressed before 11am - that's me every day! x
  • Options
    of I'm dressed before 11 it's a triumph for me....or an emergency!

These babies do like to change their minds! Ruby-Rae WAS sleeping through but has decided that 9 hrs sleep is for losers. she has also developed Hulk like tendencies and bursts free from get swaddling so had to use a new blanket.

She has also decided that if me or daddy leaves the room it's time to kick off! tut

her little smile diffused the insanity though image