Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in August 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Going Back to Work

Hi ladies

has anyone gone back yet ? if so how have you coped ? any tips

I go back next Monday when Jacob will be 7 months old it feels just a couple of months too early but financially cant afford any longer .

Going back 4 days a week so not full time but still very upset about the whole thing and devestated somebody else will get to witness all his firsts

xxx

Replies

• Options
    I'm not back for another 5 weeks and for ages I was dreading it and in tears everytime I thought about it but I am feeling a lot more positive now. I just found out that I have been approved for condensed working hours. So I'll be working full itime hours over 4 days. My mum is going to have him 1 day and he'll be going to nursery 3 days a week. To be honest both of us are getting a bit bored at home and it will do us good to get a bit of mental stimulation out of the house. He loves going to our baby group so I know he will be happy there. I am so much happier with working 4 days and getting 3 with him.

I kind of feel since I got pregnant I have been waiting for life to begin. First I was waiting to get off work, then waiting for the baby to come, then waiting for maternity leave to end. I feel like when I am back to work we can settle into a routine and get on with family life as it will be for the forseeable future. In saying that I know I will be bawling like a baby when I leave him off. I'm sure it will be hard for you and all of us at the start but its just something that has to be done. Good luck and let us know how you get on.
  • Options
    I am REALLY lucky in that i don't go back to work for 3 more months, when my girly will be about 10 months old. I didn't have to use any mat leave before she was born as she was early and i managed to save up enough to allow me to have all the 9 paid months off.

it is financially TIGHT but i feel so lucky to be able to do it!
  • Options
    I was only in temporary employment before izzy was born so i have no job to go back too (although i wish i did.)

Ive recently called the local council about Childminding so im attending a course tomorrow evening.

If i was going back to work i think i would only go back part time now.

Your all sooo brave going back to work.Think how much you can spoil your babies with your wages.