Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in August 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

really need your advice ladies. r.e not going back to work

Hi mummies, i havnt been on here for ages now, hope you and your lo's are all doing well.

im due to go back to work mid july, and im soo despeate not too. i love being a stay at home mummy, and the thought of going back is killing me.

I want to know if you know of any further benifits i could be entitled too not working, besides tax credits and child benifits. my patrner earns around ??24k so i know they class that as a livable wage. its things like coucil tax and stuff like that, that steps in the way of incoming and outgoings.

we have no family near by they all live well over 2 hours away, i cant drive and the closest nursery or childminder is over an hours walk for myself, and getting to work would mean getting a train, which is the other side of our town.

what are all you ladies doing, regards to work. are you all going back, is anyone else staying at home and living off one income? i really need some help with this, as all the dierct gov websites etc are useless and not giving me the answers i need. thanks

Dani & Nathan 30+5wks

Replies

• Options
    Your best bet would be to go to citizens advice and ask for an income maximisation test to see what you would be entitled.

God I think I must be a terrible mum. I can't wait to go back to work. I just need to use my brain and get a break from being with Jason 24/7. I'm just panicking about how I am going to do a full days work with only a couple of hours sleep as Jason is such a terrible sleeper.
  • Options
    Hiya,

I worked for our local housing department/homeless when i was pregnant but ive decided to become a childminder.The thought of going back makes me feel sick. I cant get Izzy properly onto the bottle so going back to work seems impossible. I need my fairy godmother!!!

Since Izzy has been born we have had family trouble with people feeling left out etc and causing trouble (the mother in law) which has put major pressure on my marriage. Ive decided that no one is looking after my little girl other than ME.It means that no one can argue about being left out and i get to be with my princess.

Like you my husband is on a wage classed as 'liveable' so i dont get anything in terms of benefits. Like faithie said contact your local CAB. After the 7th April i have no money coming at all (for me)so ive started my childminding training.Im looking forward to it but its SOOOOOO much paperwork!!

Goodluck with whatever you choose and follow your instinct.Its normally 110%!!!!