Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in August 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Poorly little man and need some advice.

My DS hasn't been very well the last couple of days. Friday morning he threw-up in bed around 3am. I ended up sleeping with him on the bean bag in his room after giving him a bath. He went to nursery and other than sleeping quite a lot he seemed fine. Then this morning, he threw-up again and has failed to keep down any food down today, finishing with some fairly amazing projectile vomiting this evening.

He's been drinking lots of water, but has been struggling to even keep his milk down.

I tried calling NHS Direct for some advice, but there was a 4-hour wait until a callback.

Any suggestions on what I should do? Currently, I'm just keeping an eye on him and making sure he's drinking lots of water, but I'm concerned about him not eating anything. I'm going to take him to the doctors on Monday, but not sure if I'm waiting too long.

Chocky

Replies

• Options
    Hi Hun,

I think you are doing the right thing. So long as he keeps hydrated, it's ok, but hopefully nhs direct will be able to give you more info. If you are worried and he is not getting better, take him to a&e, better safe than sorry. I hope he feels better soon.