Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in August 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

E.A.S.Y routine??

Has or is anyone trying this I have been trying to get esmae into a routine as I have a school run to do and I hate walking home with her screaming in the pram cos she is hungry or it's so not possible for her to decide she is hungry 5 mins before we have to leave for school.

Anyways anyone tried it? Worked? I have googled it and going to give it ago started half way through the day lol.

Have a question u start the morning with a 7am feed but if she wakes at say 5am do I still start at 7am with a top up feed??

Any help would be great ladies xx

Replies

• Options
    Hey g/c from BIJuly.

We have been doing this for a week and its the best thing we ever did. Luke is 8 weeks and just loves the routine as well. I dont stick to it in stone and if Luke is tired before the 45 mins of activity are out then I let him sleep etc.

What they suggest is anytime before 7 is classed as night time, so even if you fed at 5:30am, start your routine afresh from 7am, so offer another feed. The alternative is if baby wakes at 6am, you can start the routine then and just move everything an hour forward.

I find I can plan my day around it, Luke wont always sleep the 1.5 hours, but then he just kicks on his playmat until feed time. He is BF so I just have to make sure he has a good fed each time so he goes 3 hours as he use to like to "snack" quite a lot, but he will happily go the 3 hours now and occasionally if he is still hungry after an hour or so I will top him up (Im not sure its recommended) but we use it for basic times/routine etc. Thats why its so good as you can be flexible.

I hth xxx
  • Options
    Thanks that's cleared it up me so 1st day tomorrow let's hope it worm fir us too x
  • Options
    I'm on my second day!!!! I must admit I'm loving it!!! I haven't got the book so I'm following it loosely! I can now second guess when she will want the next feed and I can have it ready for when she wakes, sometimes she doesn't want to sleep-usually the first feed of the day she will stay awake until the next feed! Nighttime last night was great, she really knew to go straight to sleep after her feed, it was so lovely for me and her!

Good Luck xxx
  • Options
    I've never heard of this routine... I am off to google now! image x x x
  • Options
    Glad I gave this ago it's gone very well and she has drunk lots more milk only day 1 tho but I hope it stays this way
  • Options
    i started it loosely too, but the book is on its way! it has worked well in the morning but in the afternoon/evening she cluster feeds and I can't follow the routine. I hope that once I know more about the technique I'll be able to get her into a better pattern.
  • Options
    thee idea of the routine is that they don't feed and sleep straight after, so they don't associate falling asleep with eating.
    so as long as her cluster feeding and sleeping is broken up with a chat, a story, a play, song etc it doesn't matter about the timing
  • Options
    What does cluster feed mean?
  • Options
    hi Lea, it means that she has lots of short feeds very close together. according to the hv, they tend to do that to build up your supply so they can have a big feed for the night.
  • Options
    she usually has 3 oz every 3 hrs but 4pm 6 pm and 8 pm she has 2 oz. then at 10 i try and feed her but sometimes she to sleepy??