Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in August 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Not drinking

Hey ladies well esmae is 4 weeks old today
And has been doing great with feeding (ff)
She normally has 3-4oz every 4hours
She had her normal 4oz bottle last night at 9
And didn't wake until 5:40am but then she only
Drank 3oz didn't think much of it as she was so
Sleepy but for the rest of the day she has only
Been taking 2oz and now her last on at 3pm she
Only took 1 1/2 she has been wanting milk early to
As she is not drinking so much I have been trying
To sort a little routine out around the school rub for
Her bottles so this has been a total nightmare today

Has anyone else found there baby ate less some days?
Worries she is nit going to put on weight if she carries
On like this.

Help lol am I panicing over nothing.AGAIN lol

Replies

• Options
    Jason has been like this the last couple of days but on Saturday and Sunday he had 9 6oz bottles!! I try not to worry too much and tell myself that if i were breastfeeding I would have no idea how much he was getting at each feed. Just keep an eye on it and contact your hv if it continues - they are still so tiny for a solid routine and its still a struggle for me to get out of the house when i need to, it must be hard with another lo.
  • Options
    Thanks faithe I hope it's just s blip yeah your right if j carried on BF I would have no idea what she would be having thanks that's really help xx
  • Options
    Sophia is a nightmare and we have no chance of a routine!!! She has 1oz, then an hour later 1oz then 2 hours later 2oz then 6 hours later 4oz, it's all over the place!!!! Nighttimes are the worst, shes got herself into a routine but it sucks as I'm up at 1am-2am then back up at 4am and she wont go back to sleep after that!!! Ahhh well it's a good job she's cute!!!! xxx
  • Options
    Noah is pretty routine most of the time usually around 4 - 5oz every 4 hours, but often goes longer or less depending on his mood and will sometimes drink less milk and others drink all 6 ozs.
    Just keep trying with the routine, one day it will happen but don't get stressed if it's not working at the minute so feed when your baby is hungry as it wil stress you both out if you don't.