Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in August 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Baby being sick!

Hi all,

Does anyone know what can be causing this! Basically my Eve is a very happy, content little baby, she doesn't cry much but after some feeds does tend to struggle to bring wind up, it makes her uncomfortable although she doesn't cry so don't think it causes her pain! She also sicks up quite a bit of her feed, this happens in every 3 out of 6 feeds!

Anyone know what can be causing it and how I can help, I don't like to see her uncomfortable!

Becky and Eve (4weeks today) xxx

Replies

• Options
    Hi, Raeya is quite a windy baby, she has gotten better but when we started off i'd have to give her most of the bottle then stop to wind and then continue. we also give a dose of infacol before a feed and it helps bring wind up. Raeya is now 5 1/2 weeks old so I gave her gripe water on wednesday evening when she was visibly uncomfortable with wind and it was great, it worked very quickly and she went to sleep soon after.
    as for the sick, i can only think that maybe Eve is drinking too quick?? or there is alot of air in her tummy and the milk is coming up because of it... if it's alot of sick then it may be worth mentioning to your HV

hope this has helped anyway
    xx
  • Options
    also and i dont mean this to come across as patronising cause you know how to wind your baby but i was given a tip which helped me.
    when winding, have Eve in a sitting position on your lap facing to your right and rub in a firm circular motion on Eve's back but more on her left side, dont know why but the left side seems to bring up more burps.

anyway like i say you probably already do this but just a tip i'm passing on

xx
  • Options
    cool, I didnt know that, I'll give that a go too, thank you, every little tip helps image
  • Options
    Nicky... we have the same problem.... reluctant to bring up the wind and then today has taken to projectile vomiting, 3 times on me today and 2 times in her bed.... agggghhhh

i shall be trying any any any tips anyone can give xx