Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in August 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Bank account for baby

I am going to do some research online but just wondered if anybody has opened a bank account for their baby and which account/why you have chosen it.

Thanks.

Dx

Replies

• Options
    ill open a child trust account/fund once i receive the ??50 voucher from the government. i'll probably do tht with my bank as it is convenient and i dont think there is much difference between banks. xx
  • Options
    I've opened up an account with Tesco Finance with my child trust fund voucher, reason why i have chosen them is since the government has reduced the amount not all financial organisations have the accounts anymore. I even tried to open an account at the Post Office and they told me that 'you cant open accounts anymore, you just hold onto the voucher until your child is 18' - i dont think !!!!!!
    I've also opened up a savings account for him with our local building society, I'm not sure if bank accounts are available for babies you'll probably need to so a bit of research or try something like moneysupermarket.com
  • Options
    I opened a bank account for my daughter with our local bank to make it easy to put money in but then they closed that branch so I have to go into the city centre now anyway so might just open Noah an account with my bank x
  • Options
    I got my 50 pound voucher but i thought it was meant to be 250?