Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in August 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Nightmare day

Hi ladies just wanted To share my nightmare day . Jacob s miw one month old and we have had feeding probs from day one he was bf fir first 4 weeks but had to go to formula as he was feeding non stop and not settling so moved to formula . He still hasn't been settling and always seems hungry after feeds and won't sleep. Tried dummy but he spits it out and carries on crying Anyway rang nhs direct earlier and they told me he sounded hungry and to ignore the guidelines and feed my baby till he was full. So gave him his bottle when he cried after 2 hrs and he threw the whole thing back it was awful he was so distressed . Rang nhs back and told me to take him to hospital. Doc checked him and he was ok and advised mr to feed him little and often and just deal with the hunger cries as his body I'd rejecting the formula in large doses . So completely opposite advice. Feel like I'm going mad now and don't know who to listen to just want my lo to be fed and happy so he can sleep. Sorry just needed a moan

Replies

• Options
    Hi i am i no way an expert but have you tired hungry baby milk? how much is jacob taking. i have moved onto FF now and Esmae takes 3-4oz of cow and gate stage 1.
    this seems to settle her. have you tried calling the HV they mght be able to give advice. i would always say little and oftern is the best way untill he gets used to it but like i say no expert.

hope you sort something out soon chin up sweet xx
  • Options
    we had the same thing with Evan a couple of weeks ago, I went through 3 pairs of Pjs in one night where he kept throwing up, on the times where this has happened different people have fed him previously i.e MIL etc I put it down to him not being winded enough on previous feeds so we wind him every oz now and this seems to have worked.
  • Options
    Hiya thanks for the advice ladies , we have had a better day today , have fed him in 2oz blocks and after 4 oz have made him wait 15 mins and winded him . a couple of tmes he has stil seemed hungry so he has had 2oz more and it has settled him but the remainder of the times he has been happy with his dummy and settled well .. i think he just doesnt seem to know when to stop and has then over fed and its made him worse .. think this comes from him being switched from BF to FF , hopefully we are getting somewhere now tho ... still going to speak to HV tomorrow