Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in August 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

infacol/Gripe water

HELP!!!! my little one seems to have a screaming fit around the same time every night (about 7pm) and whatever we do doesnt help. We've come to the conclusion that this may be colic. We have been giving him infacol before every feed but this doesnt seem to have helped, does anyone know if we can also give gripe water as well as infacol???

Replies

• Options
    Hi Nicky

Yes it is fine to give both hun.

I hope your little man is better soon. im not sure if he is Bf of FF, but I know a few ladies who swear by Dr Browns bottles, and have said how much they have helpped with colic.

Good luck

D xxx
  • Options
    We cahanged to Dr Browns bottles and they made a bit difference to olivers colic, we give gripe water with each feed but he is so much better
  • Options
    Thanks ladies I've give the Dr Browns and the gripe water a go. Is it normal for him to get it the same time every evening?
  • Options
    Yes colic normally happens around the same time each day, poor little babies
  • Options
    You might want to think about changing formula too. We had the same thing - screaming from 8-11 everynight and changed to aptimil comfort and he is a changed baby!
  • Options
    Nicky my dd is 2 weeks and 5 days old today and started with what seemed like colic 2 days ago. We have been giving her infacol which does seem to have worked, in fact it seems to have made her wind worse.... any way, I can recommend Chamomilla Granuals from your herbalist... oh my goodness we have a different baby today!!
  • Options
    We use infacol at every feed which helps but sometimes he will still suffer in the evening, so we give him gripe water then which seems to help almost instantly! x
  • Options
    there is also colic drops u can get they come in a green box i used them for my son and he was a different child after the 1st day of using them lol

fingers crossed it gets better for you xx
  • Options
    thanks ladies, we switched to gripe water last night and had a better night image