Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

someone is having a hard time of it???

ok this may sound very strange but i was reading a post last night and in it was one of us saying that they were haveing a bit of hard time of thing at the mo but didnt want to go into as it would be a depressing post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im sooo sorry i was going to reply then and was shattered so tried looking for it now to reply and se eif your ok but cannot for life of me find the post - inless im going dollally and imagining it!

obviously if you dont want to go into it then dont but just wanted to say if it will make you feel a bit better then post it and we may beable to offer some advice or just rant along with you!!!

hope this makes sense to someone!!!

xxx

Replies

• Options
    Hey Charlotte, think it was possible Ema in the meet up post.

I agree with what you said though, we are all here to support each other so no one should be worried about having a moan or sounding depressing. Sometimes it can help just putting things down on here to get your head straight.

Hope everyone is ok xxx
  • Options
    oh yes thats it.............. well sooo hope this post hadnt offended you ema just want to make sure your ok!!!!

xx
  • Options
    Thanks Charlotte...... I'm ok ... much better this week (thank goodness)... I just felt that all I seem to do was moan and whinge and that really isn't 'me' (well obviously it is part of the time!! lol).... so I decided not to whinge again!

But basically, (this is where I start to have a whinge again!! :rollimage I just thought my pnd was under control and I was starting to feel better when I had the period from hell (lasted 2 weeks and was pretty painful and heavy); my sisters all commented on my weight gain, again (all with that patronising head-on-one-side 'aaa I'm sure you'll lose it soon... have you tried slimfast??' kind of way, if you see what I mean!); then to top it off the laptop went wrong and I just felt everything was getting on top of me... I started crying every day, I couldn't leave the house (cancelled 2 docs appointments) and I couldn't even face going online - I was just a wreck - now I'm feeling a bit better I'm just a bit of a wreck!! image

I really appreciate all the support I've had from everyone on here - you have all been brilliant.... thank you to all your messages and emails.... You all probably know more about my life at the moment than my 'local' friends!

Thanks again.

Big hugs to you and your los. xxx
  • Options
    oh sweetie, i think we all have times when everything sees to go wrong and we have a little cry, and as for weight dont get me started!!!

i moan all the time that nothing fits me and my jelly belly is minging but then i sit and eat jammy dodgers for breakie, crisps for lunch and tonight had chippy!!!!!!!!!!!!mmmmm

the thing is doing those fad diets will only make you feel worse i would think if you have pnd - they would for anyone cause your surely not eating the right things to boost your energy etc...

i would forget the weight thing till your back feeling good and then try tackerling that WHEN YOU WANT TO not when your silly sisters think your should! dieting is hard bloody work and i havent got the time or brain at mo to think about it!!!!!!

anyway soooo glad your feeling a tad better - hope you get to docs soon as im sure they'll help you feel better!

as for that period, bless you!!!

xxx
  • Options
    Hm perhaps you should use the slimfast tins as target practise on your sisters heads!!!

Seriously though, glad you are doing better this week...and sometiems moaning and whinging is good for you to get it off your chest... well it is for me anyway - and I think we all know that we'll all listen to each others whingings and sympathise.

Big hugs and looking forward to seeing you next week image
  • Options
    Aww Em, really sorry you have been having a rubbish time. I agree with Kia about throwing the slim fast tin at them!

To be honest I don't think we are ever happy with our weight no matter how slim or fat we are! There is always something most women would change!

Next time your sisters make a comment you will have to say something back like 'well, shall we give each other support to lose the weight and do it together' :lol:. Might shut them up at least!

Really glad you are able to go to the meet up next week, sounds like it will do you good. Just wish I was going too so I could give you a hug.

I found when I was going through a bit of a low time it really helped if I could find just 10 minutes in the morning to do my hair and put a bit of makeup on. Made me feel human again if you know what I mean! Also I watched a programme (not sure if it was Trinny and Susannah) and there was a girl on who had a 2 year old and still not lost the baby weight. She was wearing baggy t-shirts , tracksuit bottoms, pretty much anything slobby and comfy (most mums uniforms!!). They pointed out how unflattering it was and when they put her in better clothes she instantly looked like she had lost weight. Made me realise I was doing the same and hanging around the house in pj bottoms and maternity tops really wasn't making me feel good!

I know it isn't easy when you have a lo to make time for yourself but it sounds like you could do with some if at all possible? I also got my hair chopped into a bob when I was in the UK so it is loads easier to deal with and Bren isn't pulling on it all the time.

Not sure if any of that ramble helped but sending you a big hug anyway xxx
  • Options
    oh em im so sorry to hear u have been having a rough time.wat kind things ur sisters are saying to u. ill send some slim fast tins for kia to throw at them 4 u.

big hugs... keep looking at ur beautiful children. u r a brilliant mum and an amazing woman. u have raised ur children and they love u. hang in there. xxxxxxx
  • Options
    Poor honey. I had the local shopkeeper ask if I was pregnant again the other day. I got very huffy with her! She said she just wondered as I had a little bit of a belly and I pointed out that I did only give birth 7 months ago!!
    I tell you what, Celeb Mum's and their bloody personal trainers have alot to answer to!
    Glad you are feeling a bit better now. Sounds like your sisters need a check on reality when it comes to being a new Mum. When are you supposed to have time to even work out a diet or exercise plan for yourself when we are all too busy doing it for our Lo's?
    Keep your chin up chuck XX
  • Options
    Thanks everyone - its good to know you are there for me! :\)

Lisa - what a blimmin cheek of that shopkeeper! image You're so right about celeb mums.... good to see ulrika johnson not killing herself to be thin again after giving birth.

Liz - I bet your hair looks great - make sure you put a pic up on fb!

Kia - I thought a bottles of slimfast might be better as you can get a pack of 6 - 3 sisters so 2 bottles to throw at each!! image
  • Options
    Glad to hear you are starting to feel better Em, I agree with the others deffo throw slim fast at your sister ggrrrrr!!
    We are soooo lucky on this forum that we have such nice people to whine and moan to and know that we are never being judged.
    Lisa thats terrible about the shop keeper!! I would have ment mad.
  • Options
    I had to bite my tongue but, she could tell I was not a happy bunny.... To be honest, I cried my eyes out as I walked back with the shopping!! image