Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

So sweet I cried!

I've just taken a peek at Charlie's Mother's Day stuff he did at school (I told him to hide it, but then saw the posy of flowers he'd brought home with the work too, so obviously had to save those!).
It's a poem about me...and it's the best!
I shall type it out exactly as he's written it:

My mum
My mum loves the colour pink.
Holidays (Spain)
Watching TV (total wipeout)
Chinese food (fried rice)
Drinking (wine) red
Listening to bands (Say) in the car
Dogs (Toby and Nipper)
But most of all
She loves
Me!

Oh how I cried (rather emotional, see other post!). I've also got a lovely flower in a pot Gracie helped make at the childminder's and a gorgeous card from Alfie he made there too. Oh, and a little booklet about what I do from Charlie and a card i spied that he must have made with my mil. I love the fact all three of them have made me something, these are the best Mother's day pressies ever and it's not even here yet! Oh and I told Chez I'd like a new purse from Next :lol:

Hope all the other mummies get lovely things from their los (major hints to the ohs tomoz!!) x

Replies

• Options
    Awww how lovely. Rhys has made me a card at his story time session this week He coloured it all himself Daddy just had to help with the sticking and Daddy's taking him shopping tomo too. But i've got to work mother's day so much for getting pampered. Not in till 2 though so i should at least get breakfast in bed lol
    My favourite line drinking (wine) red ha ha
  • Options
    Awww bless! Not surprised you cried! I can't wait until Brendan starts making things himself as hubby is so rubbish at this sort of thing!
    I even dropped huge hints while we were in the UK about buying mothers day cards as the Norwegian one is in Feb (didn't get anything for that one either!) so no cards out here to buy when it is the UK Mothers day. I bought and sent cards for my mum and his mum and ordered flowers for them both. I have been dropping hints to him all week that it is mothers day on Sunday but I still don't expect anything!
    My mum has sent me a card from Brendan though bless her! She knows how rubbish my hubby is so think she feels sorry for me lol! What would we do without our mums huh?!

Hope everyone else has a lovely mothers day xxx
  • Options
    Ah how lovely! What great kids! I dont think i'll be getting anything as hubby hasnt had much time, but hes usually very sweet with things for me. Although he does have both the boys on his own today while i go shopping, so thats an early gift and a rare thing!!! (never done it b4) x
  • Options
    Was very upset last year as hubby didn't make much of an effort, didn't bother swopping shifts either so he had to work and I was left at home with 2 month old!

We are v peer at the mo so told him not to buy me expensive flowers and instead buy me some for the garden as we are trying to get that into shape at the mo. His reply is I wouldn't know what to get me so I need to choose my own. A mistake I think as he gets out of it has to do nothing! He actually thought it was last Sunday I know this because he annouced on Sat afternoon he had to pop out to get some bits when I ask what found out then. - So I'll be lucky if he remembers tom!

We had a planned a meal with my Mum, her partner and my brother. But then my MIL invited us over there for a buffet lunch with them and great Nan and Grandad who we haven't seen for ages as they were ill over xmas - siad yes. Well it turns out it starts at 4pm and is ALL the family coming over so have had to cancel dinner. But as MIL does more for us than my mum feel it's the right decision.

As foir the whole sort his family's mother's day (and birthdays etc) I refuse to go down that way - memories of my Dad barkiong at my mum 'Have you sorted out my Mother's card and present her birthday is 3 days away!' So Liz I aplaud you for sorting your MIL out and I do feel guity when Nana and Grandad don't get cards from us or the baby on special occasions but I feel he's their son and he should do it!

Well that was longer than I thought it would be!

Happy Mother's Day for tom everyone, hope some of us get spoilt!

El x
  • Options
    Oh dear El! Have a lovely day tomorrow and hope you get something at least, you deserve it for all you do! You too Liz!

We had my ils Mum's day 2 weeks ago...it coincided with bil being up from London and his bday...and of course Chez having his op yest means we didn't want to go out tom. Mil won't get her pressie til tom though (not bought either yet!)
    My mum n dad get back from portugal this aft so we're getting a takeaway tom tea (unless my dad does a roast) with them wherever! Not bothered as long as chez is feeling well!

• Options
    Awww thats lovely Ali - Dave wont have done anything with the kids because he doesn't really ever have them on his own, and as they don't go to nursery or anything I wont get owt that way either!! I did ask that he spend the day with us for mothers day though so I'll have to see on that one! Hope all the mums get something special xx