Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Potty training

Just thought I would put a post up to see how everyone is getting on with potty training? Has anyone started properly or decided not to bother yet? Holly seems to be doing pretty good, she knows when she wants to pee and will go to the potty and do all her pee's and poo's on it when we are at home and when we go out she knows when she wants to go but either we are somewhere we can't get the potty out or have forgotten to take it with us! I must have a look for a travel potty! Only problem is she when she is at home she doesn't want any clothes on and is forever taking them off lol

Replies

• Options
    Oh wow she is doing well!
    WE had 2 wees on the potty last week and he will sit on it sometimes but we aren't pushing it. He's taken to hiding when he poos too and he gets upset so definately making progress.
  • Options
    wow well done Holly!

i havent even brought a potty? any suggestions on what to get - i have looked to get just the basic ones but then someone said they dont like being so low down and to get one thats higher up?!

also where do you keep your potty, in one specific place? does holly have pants on now or still nappy and then you take it off?

fin def is aware of pooing and can say the words poo and wee but not sure if he will actually sit on potty and go but then i have never tried and he is a quick learner and loves praise so should really try|!

• Options
    we have a potty (just a cheap one) which elijah will sit on. I def think hes ready but i havent really tried as im not sure im ready for the hassle. Thats really bad isnt it x
  • Options
    We just got a seat thing you put on the loo as I didn't really want to potty train him only then to have to train him to use the loo. We sit Bren on before he has a bath and he has a wee, sometimes tries to do a poo but not done one yet lol! He also hides when he is having a poo and doesn't like being watched when he is doing one!
    I still think it is quiet young to take the loo training too seriously but giving them the idea is good.

I have a friend who has a little girl who is nearly three and she has been really going for it with the toilet training this summer. She says it is really frustrating as she is totally fine when at nursery and always asks to go to the loo, at home she sometimes remembers but more often than not has an accident! x
  • Options
    Holly just has a basic potty, one upstairs and one downstairs. It just sits in the living room / her bedroom and she will move it to where she wants lol
    We have bought pull up pants but I think they are confusing her a litte bit. For the ast 2 days when I put her for a nap I have been putting her on the potty fist and she has stayed dry for her 2hr nap and then as soon as she wakes back on her potty. she is deffo getting more control and having onger inbetween needing to pee. It honesty isn;t as bad as I thought it would be xxx
  • Options
    Philip is a bit hit & miss! Just before he wee's he grabs at the front of his nappy and as long as we spot it we ask him if he wants the toilet and put him on, have one of those seat things for the toilet, he prefers it to the potty! Got a ??3 one from Ethel Austin which is padded & great and a ??6.99 one from Mothercare with Thomas on which he is not so keen on. Just "playing" with toilet training at the moment, going to try and go for it over half term in october or christmas and see how he gets on. Did put him in a pair of propoer pants the other night as didn't want to waste a nappy for the sake of 5 mins (stingy mummy!) and he looked so grown up!
  • Options
    Rhys loves sitting on the potty and def knows what it's for as puts his teddies on and says we wee or poo poo, but so far we have only had one wee on it.
    We just have it in the living room and he sits on it watching tv lol
    I don't think he's properly ready yet though as showing no sighns of knowing that he needs to wee or poo so not really making a huge effort with it at the min, but I'm pleased he actually likes sitting on the potty and he seems to understand what it's for.